Chapter 34

Attending the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony for the first time was something that Sonya was very much looking forward to. Although she likely wouldn't know who half of the people being inducted were, it was still a chance to get dressed up and have a good time with her colleagues. There was also the prospect of walking the red carpet with Mandy to look forward to. They didn't plan on coming out as a couple, but it would have been naïve to expect questions not to be asked when they showed up together, neither of them bringing a date.

That was a problem for later, though. Before they got that far, there was the lengthy process of getting ready. Unlike with other WWE events, the Glam Squad were not available. Luckily, Mandy had found someone who had been able to come to their room and glam them both up and do their hair.

With that done, they were ready to leave. Sonya had stepped into the bathroom to give herself a once over in the mirror. She had gone for a black dress with see through finishes that made it quite revealing in a classy way. Mandy had certainly approved when she had seen it for the first time.

For her part, Mandy had chosen a silver dress with a short skirt and a sleeveless top that showed off her cleavage beautifully. She looked so good that Sonya had toyed with the idea of saying to hell with the ceremony and staying in the room for a night of enjoyment of a much different kind. Sadly, their attendance was compulsory and the sex was going to have to wait until afterwards.

As happy as she was going to be with her appearance, Sonya walked back out into the room, finding Mandy rummaging around in her clutch as she made her own final preparations to leave.

"I think I'm all set," Sonya said. With nothing else to do while she waited, Sonya gravitated towards the mirror on the wall near to the corner of the room, giving herself a second final check over. "I'm ready to go when you are. I know they've got cars downstairs ready to drive everyone to the arena."

"There's one more thing I need to do first," Mandy said.

"Oh, what's that?" Sonya asked vaguely, pulling a stray blonde hair that she had spotted in the mirror off her dress.

No response came from Mandy. "I said what's that?" Sonya asked, turning around to investigate what was going on. Her mouth dropped open as she found Mandy on one knee with a ring case in her hand.

"I need to ask you to marry me," Mandy said. She opened the ring case, revealing a silver ring with a bright red diamond.

It was the most striking and gorgeous thing Sonya had ever seen. A marriage proposal was the last thing she had expected. She was totally shocked. They had never even talked about getting married. Now that Mandy was on one knee in front of her, though, Sonya knew that she wanted it as much as Mandy did. She felt herself tearing up at the amount of love she felt for her girl in that moment. There was no doubt in her mind that she wanted to spend her life with Mandy, and she had no hesitation to make that commitment to her. "Yes. Yes of course I'll marry you," Sonya said emotionally.

Mandy got up, looking relieved, and they embraced each other tightly. "I was honestly worried you might say no," she said quietly into Sonya's ear.

"I could never say no to you, Mandy Rose. I think you're supposed to put the ring on my finger now," Sonya added with a chuckle.

Mandy laughed, wiping a tear of delight from her eye as she stepped back. Sonya offered her hand, and the ring slid perfectly onto her finger.

"It's stunning, Mand. That diamond, just wow."

"I went for rose colour for the same reason as when I chose your necklace for Christmas."

Sonya had known that without needing to be told, but she smiled adoringly at the woman who was now her fiancée. "I need to buy you a ring now. Oh my god, we need to talk about which of us is going to take the other's name, if we're going to do that at all."