Chapter 49

"I'm still mad at you, just so you know," Tessa said to Sonya as they unloaded their cases from their hire car in the parking lot of the arena where Smackdown was going to take place. She had ended up spending more than three hours taped up on the bed the previous night. It had been the most frustrating experience of her life, not least because she had been able to hear Mandy's muffled screams of excitement from the next room as Daria had made her come over and over again.

"We've had this conversation," Sonya grinned. "Daria had a lesson to teach you, and she taught it. In future, you'll know that she comes out when she wants to, not when you decide."

"I think it's seriously hot what you did to her," Mandy said.

"Of course you do," Tessa said, rolling her eyes. Her attention shifted to the night ahead as they walked towards the entrance to the building. "Let's see what tonight has in store, then. I'm going to guess it'll involve Rollins being a colossal prick."

"Probably, if Sunday is anything to go by," Sonya said. "And Adam Cole will be here."

"Maybe you'll get lucky," Mandy said suggestively.

Tessa grunted a laugh. "There's more chance of sex with him than with you two, apparently."

"Aww, don't be like that," Sonya said, and all three of them laughed.

They entered the arena building, which took sex off the list of topics for conversation.

"I'm wondering what we've got tonight," Mandy said. "I doubt they're going to launch straight into the new 'perfect specimens' stuff after only one video promo."

"You're probably right," Sonya said thoughtfully. "In before we're not on the show at all."

"That would be annoying," Mandy said.

Tessa shook her head. "That's not likely. They're obviously keen to build you guys up. I mean, they put you with Clem for your first program."

"True," Sonya admitted.

Answers appeared to be at hand when they rounded a corner and saw TJ Wilson standing in the hallway talking to Lacey Evans. As the agent for almost all of the women's content on Smackdown, he was sure to be in the know regarding what was planned for that night's episode.

The three new arrivals approached TJ and Lacey, and greetings were exchanged all round. There was some discussion about a promo that Lacey was going to be involved in, then she headed for the locker room, leaving the rest of them to it.

"I'm guessing you're all waiting to enquire about what you've got tonight?"

"We are," Sonya smiled.

"You guys have a tag match against enhancement talent," TJ said, dealing with Sonya and Mandy first. "Alexa and Liv's new gimmick got started with its first promo last night, as you may have seen."

"We did," Mandy said. "It's weird, but it is interesting. I like the choice of Grace to play the mad scientist. That girl has got something."

Yeah, an in with the higher-ups because she's dating Roman Reigns, Tessa thought, not that she wanted to judge someone she had never met in person. The relationship was known about in the locker room, however.

"Yes, she has. In time, we might see the Dr Stone character wrestle, too. It's an option that's open to us," TJ said. "Anyway, the reason I mentioned it is that when the Perfect Specimens debut on TV, their first run is going to be with you guys."

"That sounds exciting," Mandy said, not bothering to get into the fact that she had already gotten that news from Alexa.

"It'll be a few weeks yet," TJ said. "While they have promos airing, we'll be building you up with dominating victories against enhancement talent. That way, it'll be a big deal when the rivalry starts."