Chapter 41

The big day had arrived, for and Tessa and the Golden Gloves simultaneously. All three of them were making their debuts on the same pay-per-view, May's Backlash event.

Sonya and Mandy's first main roster appearance had been in a backstage segment earlier in the night, in which they had put a classic heel ass kicking onto the ever-popular Clementine, who had been giving a post-match interview following an impressive win in the night's opening match.

Tessa had witnessed it all from her ringside seat, where she was supposedly nothing more than a fan enjoying the show, albeit a famous one. Recognising her, several fans had been over to ask for selfies. She had been happy to oblige them, always mindful to stay humble and down to earth.

About an hour into the show, a cameraman came over to film Tessa for one of the 'Hey look, there's someone famous at our show' pieces that WWE liked to do. Tessa smiled broadly and gave the audience a thumbs up, knowing that the commentary team would be telling the viewers at home who she was, for the benefit of those who didn't know.

The true meaning of the little piece was to plant a seed for later in the night. It had now been established that Tessa Blanchard was in the crowd, which would prove to be important.

After another couple of matches, it was time for the second women's contest of the night. It was a tag team match, seeing the heel team of Sasha Banks and Bayley taking on the babyface team of Lacey Evans and Dana Brooke.

Tessa sat and watched the match, particularly enjoying the new look and new attitude that Bayley was sporting of late. It was also fun to watch Lacey work as a babyface, and to see Dana finally being given something of a push. Indeed it was Dana who got the win, catching Bayley with a roll up that got her a three count.

The crowd popped loudly for Dana's win, enjoying the fact that Bayley had suffered a humiliating defeat as much as seeing Dana get a victory. Tessa was on her feet, cheering and applauding. Her part in the action was about to come.

Dana and Lacey celebrated their win in the ring, sharing a hug and raising each other's hands in triumph. With that, they both left the ring, stepping onto the floor almost right in front of Tessa.

Applauding the two victorious women, Tessa shared a brief hug with Lacey, followed by one with Dana. Dana said something into her ear, and Tessa laughed heartily at it. In the ring, Bayley was sitting in the middle of the ring looking furious at what had happened. Seeing Tessa laughing seemed to be the final straw for her.

As Lacey and Dana made their way around to the entrance aisle Bayley rolled out of the ring in front of the commentary tables. Sasha was still down on the floor on that side of the ring.

Bayley went over to the ring announcer's position and snatched a microphone. Dana's music stopped playing as she launched into a tirade. "Shut up! All of you shut up! Do not cheer that! Don't you dare laugh at me!"

Boos rained down on the former hugger, who was walking slowly in Tessa's direction. "You think this is funny?" she raged at the fans, before her gaze settled on Tessa. "And you! You think it's funny, watching me lose?"

Tessa made sure her expression looked like she very much did find it funny. The noise in the crowd rose as the fans who knew who she was considered how stupid it would be for Bayley to get in her face.

"Tessa Blanchard thinks it's funny that Bayley lost a match," Bayley scoffed, now standing in front of her. "Well, let me tell you something, Tessa. This is not UFC, this is WWE. If you think it's so funny, why don't you try me, huh?"

The fans cheered louder, doing their best to encourage Tessa to kick the shit out of Bayley. However, she made sure to look like she wasn't interested in doing so, even managing a smile.