✼ T W O

CHAPTER TWO The Time of Angels

         EVERYONE CLIMBS DOWN a rope ladder that lead to a very large cave

EVERYONE CLIMBS DOWN a rope ladder that lead to a very large cave. As Quinn looks around, she sees nothing but darkness. "Jeez, it's dark. Do we have a gravity globe?"

Octavian repeated her question to a cleric, who then hands the grav glob to Quinn. Before she can take it in her hands, though, The Doctor snatches it. She grumbled at him, her eyes turning to slits.

The Doctor meanwhile, just sends her a smile, rather content with her expression.

"Where are we? What is this?" Amy asked.

"It's an Aplan Mortarium, sometimes called a Maze of the Dead." River answered.

"What's that?"

This time the Doctor answers, "Well, if you happen to be a creature of living stone," He kicks the globe into the air, where it illuminates a vast array of mausoleums and statuary. "The perfect hiding place."

    Everyone looks around, their eyes trailing over the statues

Everyone looks around, their eyes trailing over the statues. "I guess this makes it a bit trickier."

"A bit, Yeah." The Doctor agreed.

"A stone Angel on the loose amongst stone statues," Octavian breathed out while turning around a little. "A lot harder than I'd prayed for."

Quinn sighed, her eyes still focused on the statues. "Like a needle in a haystack."

The Doctor gave a small nod. "A needle that looks like hay. A hay-like needle of death. A hay-alike needle of death in a haystack of, er, statues," he stops himself and cringes at his own words before turning to Quinn. "No, yours was fine."

The woman let out a snort at his words.

"Right. Check every single statue in this chamber. You know what you're looking for. Complete visual inspection. One question. How do we fight it?" Octavian asked, his eyes shifting from the Doctor to Quinn.