✼ S I X

CHAPTER SIX Vampires Of Venice

        IT WAS AWKWARD to say the least

        IT WAS AWKWARD to say the least. Amy stood on one side of the consul while Rory stood on the other. When the two woman had come rushing in in laughing fits, they both immediately fell silent and Amy transformed into a nervous wreck. The Doctor, meanwhile, was sitting underneath the consul platform in the jumpseat.

    Deciding to break some of the tension, Quinn stepped forward and held out a hand to the unfamiliar man. "I'm Quinn Williams. I've heard a lot about you."

    The man shook her hand —a little nervously— while murmuring, "Rory Williams, and no you haven't."

    Quinn retracted her hand, setting it on her hip as she shifted her weight to her right leg. "Well, actually, I have. Amy likes to talk about how proud she is on your dream of becoming a doctor."

     Before Rory could respond, the Doctor spoke up from under the consul. "Oh, the life out there, it dazzles. I mean, it blinds you to the things that are important. I've seen it devour relationships and plans,"

He then accidentally attached the wrong cables and it gave a small explosion. "It's meant to do that," he tries but from up on the platform, Quinn shakes her head while giving a roll of her eyes. A small smile visible on her lips.

The Doctor continued, "Because for one person to have seen all that, to taste the glory and then go back, it will tear you apart. So, I'm sending you somewhere, together."

    Amy looked up from where she was pacing at one side of the platform and biting on her nail. "Whoa. What, like a date?"

"Anywhere you want. Any time you want. One condition. It has to be amazing. The Moulin Rouge in 1890. The first Olympic Games," Rambled the Time Lord as he joined the three up on the platform. "Think of it as a wedding present, because it's either this or tokens."

"Let's say I also took part in this," Quinn spoke up, joining the Doctor's side and pinching his side. He slaps her hand away with a small yelp but he can't hide the smile that takes over his lips. "Because I don't have anything else to give you." She shrugged while leaning both her hands forward on the consul.

    The Doctor sees Rory still looking around the TARDIS. "It's a lot to take in, isn't it? Tiny box, huge room inside. What's that about? Let me explain—"

    "It's another dimension." Says Rory quickly.

    "It's basically another dimension," The Doctor continues but upon hearing the man he turns to him, his mouth agape. "What?"

    "Oh, he doesn't like it when someone knows more then they should, does he?" Quinn says with a smirk. The comment is aimed at Amy —who snickers— but it was loud enough for both men to hear. "Oi, I heard that!" He protests, to which Quinn just holds up her hands in mock surrender.