✼ T H I R T E E N

CHAPTER THIRTEEN Guilt

        TAWNY BROWN EYES gazed at the stars above her

TAWNY BROWN EYES gazed at the stars above her. She liked to think he was with them now. Ever since she had woken up that one morning with no memory, the stars had served as a form of comfort. They felt like a reassurance, somehow they felt familiar like she should be among them. Traveling.

She liked to think Rory was with them now, too. Because if he wasn't she doesn't know what to do with herself.

She and Rory might not have been very close, but at least they were friends. He always had this calming aura that made Quinn relax.

She felt mostly guilty because she did remember Rory while Amy -his own fiancée- had no idea who he was.

And she knew that was the one thing Rory feared.

Being forgotten.

She knew Rory feared being forgotten by Amy and now it had happened.

Slinging her legs over the edge of her bed, she pressed her fingers against a small button on her wall and the ceiling closed, replacing the once star blanket for a pale grey/pale blue color.

She tied her raven hair into a messy bun before dragging herself out of her room and into the kitchens. There she saw the Doctor, sitting with a cup of tea in front of him and a cup of coffee across from him at the kitchen counter.

Quinn narrowed her eyes playfully as she sat down across from him and took the hot cup of all black coffee in her hands.

"I knew you would come." He smiled but it didn't reach his eyes.

The Israelis woman rolled her eyes. "Yes, I can see from the way my coffee is still hot," she chuckled and took a small sip. "How did you know I prefer all black?"

He gave a shrug. "A guess, really..."

Quinn narrowed her eyes, seeing through the lie as if he was made of glass. She waved passed it, though. She knew there was something he wasn't telling her but that was not the topic she had in mind right now.

"I wanted to know how you were doing." The Doctor continued before he took a sip of his tea.

Quinn also drank her coffee, a way of giving her more time to think of her answer. How was she doing? Was she feeling bad? Guilty? Sad? Or all of the above?

"I don't know," she shrugged her hands tightening around her cup. "I guess the worst part is that I can remember him and his own fiancée doesn't," The Doctor grabbed one of her hands, letting her fiddle with his as she talked. "My mind is just going back to when I first woke up and didn't remember anything. I'm just wondering if Amy is feeling like that. Like..." she took a deep breath. "Like a part of you is missing..."

The Doctor smiled sadly as he watched tears come to her eyes but never fall. "I think the only thing we can do right now is try and keep his memory alive," he started. "Make Amy happy. For Rory."

Quinn smiled and nodded, tightening the grip on his hands. "For Rory."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~