✼ F O U R T Y O N E

CHAPTER FOURTY ONE A Good Man Goes To War

( I advise to reread Chapter Eighteen before you read this )

AMELIA WILLIAMS CARESSED the cheeks of her newborn daughters. She stared down at the twin babies with a fondness in her eyes only a brand new mother held. She started to speak, "I wish I could tell you that you'll be loved. That you'll be safe and cared for and protected. But this isn't a time for lies,"

The ginger mother carefully picks up her babies, somehow managing to hold one baby in each arm. "What you are going to be Melody, Kyra... is very, very brave."

A number of soldiers stood behind Amy, along with a woman with blonde hair in a tight not and a black eye-patch covering her left eye. She tells Amy strictly, "Two minutes."

Amy, ignored the woman but was slightly fearful of her, continued to talk to her babies that she held, "But not as brave as they'll have to be. Because there's someone coming. I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, but trust me. He's on his way. There's a man who's never going to let us down. And not even an army can get in the way,"

She looked out the wide window to look upon the hundred of soldiers marching outside. The woman with the eye-patch approached her, two soldiers following closely behind. Amy held her babies closer to her as she shook her head, "Leave them, just leave them! Please leave them! Leave them!"

A young female in a long, white doctors coat with short cropped black hair watched from the shadows as the twins are taken from Amy's grasp.

Melody and Kyra laid in their big bassinet, their mother stood next to it, looking down at the peaceful faces of her children. Amy leaned over their bassinet to really look at them, "He is the last of his kind. He looks young, but he's lived for hundreds and hundreds of years. And wherever they take you, Melody and Kyra, however scared you are, I promise you, you will never be alone,"

She leaned over and kissed her babies foreheads one by one, a sad smile coated her lips. "Because this man is your father. He has a name, but the people of our world know him better... as the Last Centurion."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Lightyears away, River Song sways into the corridor outside of her cage at the Stormcage. She's wearing a beautiful Victorian dress with high heels. The woman with frizzy blonde hair sashayed her way to the phone that was attached to the wall, she picked it up and spoke into it, "Oh, turn it off," she told the receiver, talking about the blaring alarms. "I'm breaking in, not out. This is River Song, back in her cell... oh, and I take breakfast at the usual time. Thank you!"

She hung the phone back onto the receiver with a smile, she glided further along the corridor towards her cell. She froze once she spotted the silhouette of a certain man dressed as a Roman. "Oh, are you boys dressing up as Romans now? I thought nobody read my memos."