✼ T W E N T Y T W O

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO The Big Bang

        WHEN THEY ARRIVE on the roof, a huge ball of orange/yellow light that looks like the sun hangs in the air

Quinn breaths out a breath and squeezes the Doctor's hand. "Oh, mama. Not good,"

Amy and Rory join them a few minutes later. "What, it's morning already?" She asks, seeing that it was now day while a few minutes ago it seemed to be night. "How did that happen?"

"History is shrinking," the Doctor tells her as he gets out his sonic screwdriver. "Is anybody listening to me?"

"Yes, but I'm usually too busy trying to ignore the subtext."

"Which is?"

"Punch me in the face."

He rolls his eyes but he smiles grimly nonetheless. He turns back to the large ball in the sky. "The universe is collapsing. We don't have much time left." He aims his sonic screwdriver at a satellite receiver dish, to get it off its pole.

"What are you doing?" Amy asked.

"Looking for the TARDIS."

"But the TARDIS exploded." Rory said with a frown.

"Well then, he's looking for an exploding TARDIS," Quinn said with a roll of her eyes. "Just let him work, Rory, dear."

Amy takes a small step closer. "I don't understand. So, the TARIDS blew up and took the universe with it. But why would it do that? How?"

"Good question for another day. The question for now is, total event collapse means that every star in the universe never happened." the Doctor explained.

Quinn continued for him. "Not one single one of them ever shone. So, if all the stars that ever were are gone, then what is that?"

She points at the large ball in the sky. "Like I said," the Time Lord started. "I'm looking for an exploding TARDIS"

"But that's the sun." Rory countered.

"Is it?" Said Quinn as she cocked her head to the side.

The Doctor nodded his head and held out his hand, aiming the sonic screwdriver at the large ball. "Well, here's the noise that sun is making right now."

The wheezing of the TARDIS is evident, Quinn let's out a gasp. "She must be in so much pain." She whispers.

"That's my TARDIS burning up," the Doctor said sadly as Quinn sighed sadly. "That's what's been keeping the Earth warm."