✼ F O U R

CHAPTER FOUR Flesh and stone

        AS THE TWO find themselves back with the group, River is in a big speech

        AS THE TWO find themselves back with the group, River is in a big speech. "Father Octavian, when the Doctor and Quinn are in the room, your one and only mission is to keep them alive long enough to get everyone else home. And trust me, it's not easy. Now, if they're dead back there, I'll never forgive myself. And if they're alive, I'll never forgive them. And, Doctor, Quinnster, you're standing right behind me, aren't you?"

    It looked like the Doctor wasn't even paying that much attention as he looked around and said, "Oh, yeah."

    Quinn, meanwhile nodded and smirked. "Heard every single word."

    "I hate you." She grumbled, looking down at the med scanner that was connected to Amy.

    "Oh, I know. It's a charm." Hummed Quinn before she crouched down and placed a hand on Amy's forehead. "Oh, sweetheart," she sighed, rubbing the ginger's forehead.

    "You don't. Bishop, the Angels are in the forest." The Doctor warned, patting Quinn's back.

    "We need visual contact on every line of approach." Said Octavian to his men.

    River turned to the Time Lord and her friend. "How did you get past them?"

    "I found a crack in the wall and told them it was the end of the universe." He said with a shrug.

    "What was it?" Croaked Amy.

    "The end of the universe." Quinn said, the corner of her mouth quirking up in a small smile.

    The Doctor rushes to stand next to Quinn in front of his companion. "Let's have a look, then."

    "So, what's wrong with me?" Asked Amy, her voice laced with fear. Quinn exchanged a worried look with River. This was not good.

    The Israelis woman quickly smiled down at the ginger and started to stroke her hair to try and calm her. "Nothing. Sweetheart."

    River nodded, trying to ignore all the bad signs the med scanner was giving her. "Yeah, you're fine."

    "Everything. You're dying." The Doctor said as he too, looked at the med scanner.

    Quinn slapped his arm with a glare on her face while River gasped, "Doctor!"

    The Time Lord rubbed his arm. "Yes, you're right. If we lie to her, she'll get all better," He spat.