✼ T H I R T Y

CHAPTER THIRTY The Sister Separation

CHAPTER THIRTY ➸ The Sister Separation

SIX MONTHS LATER

TWO LITTLE GIRLS walk side by side, their hands clutching one another desperately. The clothing they wore weren't much, but it kept them just warm enough for the New York winter night.

One of the two girls, the older one, spotted an abandoned alleyway with an dumpster and tugged the other girl with her. They stopped in front of the dumpster and the older girl turned to the younger one. "Okay, sis, you stay here for a moment. I'll go look for the food."

The younger sister nodded and hugged herself as she watched her sister climb into the dumpster to search for food.

After a few moments, the older sister let out a cry of triumph and the younger sister perked up. "What? What did you find?"

Two hands shot up from the dumpster, holding a small box. "Someone's lunch box!" The older sister cried in triumph, starting to climb back out the dumpster. "It's an apple, half eaten sandwich and a few fries."

The younger girl grinned and took the box from her sister, eagerly opening it and taking a good bite from the apple.

The two sisters settled back against the wall of the alleyway, eating their small dinner quietly. After a moment the younger sister shifted and winced loudly. The older girl turned her head to her sister with a worried look. "Are you alright?"

"I've been shot, sis," the younger girl shot back. "I don't think that counts as alright."

"Oi, don't take that time with me. I'm older, Missy."

The younger sister rolled her eyes, pressing the random scarf that they had found somewhere harder against the wound. "You're older by 36 minutes."

"Ah, Yes," sighed the older one happily. "The best 36 minutes of my life."

That received a punch in the shoulder from the younger sister.

The older sister cried out in fake pain before she fell silent and the two twin sisters exchanged looks. Then, for no reasons whatsoever, they both bursted out laughing.

But the light mood was quickly destroyed when the younger sister got caught into a coughing fit. The older girl shot up and gently tried to tug her twin sister up. Coughing, the younger girl excepted her sister's hand and they walked out of the shadows, making some homeless man jump from surprise.

As the older girl slung the arm of her little twin sister over her own shoulder, the man asked, "Are you okay? Little girls, are you okay?"

The youngest gives a small smile as she began to stand upright. "It's all right," she gave a nod. "It's quite all right. I'm dying. But I can fix that. It's easy, really. See?"

The older sister swooped the other one in for a big hug. "Be careful, okay? And- and focus on a dress size, we don't need to go scavenging for bigger clothes again."

The younger one nodded and the two sisters separated. With wide eyes, the homeless man watched as the two sisters smiled at one another before one of them -the younger one- started to close her eyes. Gold regeneration energy seeped from her hands and her skin started to glow.

The sisters smile at the homeless man, who runs in fear. They start to chuckle, the two sisters weren't really afraid of strangers. Not after what they've been through six months before. You would think they would be scared, but there's something about these twins, that makes them eager for just a bit of risk.

But horror strikes the younger sisters golden glowed face as she sees two Silences behind her older sister. She's about to scream and yell for her twin when the two Silences grab the older twin and drag her away.

"No! No! Get off me! Mels! Mels, go! Run!"

Unfortunately, the younger twin can't do anything as the regeneration takes in full swing and her twin sister is bashed in the head, making her pass out.

And this was just the beginning of these peculiar twin sisters.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey everyone, just wanted to thank you all for reading. I've been getting so many votes and comments and I just wanted to say: I see you. I smile whenever I see you vote, I smile brighter when I see you added my story to your reading list, I smile even brighter when I see you comment. I don't always have time to reply, but I try. I love you all so much, every single one of you (even the ghost readers) make me happy!

Also, this is not yet edited. Mistakes are probably made. Deal with it!

Have a lovely time!