✼ N I N E

CHAPTER NINE Amy's choice

        THE FOUR WALKED out of the home and start to walk down the street, across from them is a playing area where a teacher is trying to control the hyper children

THE FOUR WALKED out of the home and start to walk down the street, across from them is a playing area where a teacher is trying to control the hyper children. "Why would they leave?" Rory asks.

"And what did you mean about Mrs Poggit's nice old lady act?" Amy adds.

"One of my tawdry quirks," answers the Doctor quickly, to which Quinn snorts but quickly covers it with a cough. "Sniffing out things that aren't what they seem. So, come on, let's think. The mechanics of this reality split we're stuck in. Time asleep exactly matches time in our dream world, unlike in conventional dreams."

    Rory nodded his head, as if convincing himself to keep up. "And we're all dreaming the same dream at the same time."

    The Doctor nodded. "Yes, sort of communal trance," he said. "Very rare, very complicated. I'm sure there's a dream giveaway, a tell, but my mind isn't working because this village is so dull!" He yelled the last word and shook his hands vigorously, he then gave a small sigh. "I'm slowing down, like you two have."

    Not two seconds later, Quinn saw Amy winking at her before the ginger gripped her stomach, letting out a yelp. "Ooo. Ow. Really. Ow! It's coming."

    Both Rory's and the Doctor's eyes widened and they exchanged panicked looks while Quinn stood off by the side, amusement clear on her face

    Both Rory's and the Doctor's eyes widened and they exchanged panicked looks while Quinn stood off by the side, amusement clear on her face. "Okay, you're a doctor, help her." Says the Doctor, gesturing to Amy.

    "You're a doctor." Rory shoots back.

    "It's okay, we're doctors." Echoed the Time Lord as he crouched down and held his hands underneath Amy, as if ready to catch the baby. Quinn rolled her eyes.