Chapter 3: Genin

(Timeskip- 3 years later, Naruto age 13, nearing 14)

Today was the day, Naruto would finally become a shinobi of Konoha. A prepared Naruto was ready for the genin exam today. It had been a journey that started with him crying into the Hokage's robes when he was six up to this very moment now. And boy Naruto was feeling good.

Naruto had grown to a nice height of 5 foot 4 inches tall. He even changed his wardrobe due to him becoming an actual shinobi today. Naruto wore a black, unzipped tracksuit with three orange stripes on each sleeve with a mesh shirt on underneath. To finish his outfit, he wore black pants and black sandals. His hair was still identical to the Yondaime's and his face matured more to show his age.

Naruto had many good things going for him at this point. He was handsome, smart, and quite powerful for his age. His training was still progressing at a great rate. Naruto yielded incredible results over the years under the tutelage of Tora, his Anbu sensei. Naruto felt on top of the world and was ready for whatever the shinobi world had in store for him.

Naruto's chakra reserves only increased at this point. He could easily throw around jutsu after jutsu without feeling the usual effects of exhaustion like other ninjas. Naruto was a chakra monster and it didn't help that his chakra control had only gotten better. It wasn't high enough to use something like Iryo Ninjutsu (Medical Ninja Techniques), which require precise chakra control, but it wasn't far off from it either.

Naruto also found time to delve into Fuinjutsu (Sealing Techniques). The Sandaime was messing around with Naruto after Naruto claimed to want to surpass the Yondaime. Hiruzen told him that since the Yondaime was a sealing master and if Naruto wanted to truly surpass him, he'd have to become one as well. He didn't expect Naruto to ask him for lessons right after but was sort of happy he did. They met twice a month since the Hokage was a busy man, but Naruto had done well. His handwriting had become perfect, well at least good enough by Fuinjutsu standards. There were ten levels of Fuinjutsu and Naruto was on level two, which dealt with storage seals and the efficiency of making them as storage seals were one of the simplest seals. He had gotten it down to 45 seconds when making one and couldn't progress to the next level until he got it below 30 seconds.

Due to his sensei's training regimen, Naruto honed the shinobi basics until he got them down to near perfection. His accuracy with using and throwing shuriken/kunai became second nature to him. He was now just as accurate on the run, blindfolded, or in midair as he was standing still. It was a perfect 10 of 10 on the bulls-eye.

Naruto's Taijutsu blossomed well along with his shuriken skills. Despite still only using his modified Academy style, he was still formidable in it. His speed nearly doubled with all the exercises he did and the heavier training weights he was now using. Naruto learned to even add chakra to his strikes to make them slightly more powerful. Now it wasn't to the extreme of one of the famed Tsunade Senju punches but it definitely bolstered his attack strength. Tora had said that in a flat-out Taijutsu fight, Naruto could best most chunin at his current level.

Genjutsu progressed nicely for Naruto as well. He finally got down the two Genjutsu his sensei taught him. One of those being Magen: Jigoku Koka no Jutsu (Demonic Illusion: Descending Hell Technique), which creates the illusion of a huge fireball falling from the sky toward the target. It is only a C rank and pretty easy to spot and dispel. His second Genjutsu was definitely more effective than his first one, the Nehan Shoja no Jutsu (Temple of Nirvana Technique) which generates sleep-inducing, imaginary white feathers that upon being seen make the target fall into a tranquil state of slumber. When it comes to spotting Genjutsu, Naruto had gotten better and his ability to break them had moved up to a few A ranks. He was fine with that at the moment.