Chapter 24: Reunions

It'd been four days since Naruto's arrival back in Konoha with Yugito. Life in Konoha did not change since Yugito's arrival nor did she get treated weird by any of the Konoha populace due to her Kumo background. It seemed Naruto's reputation superseded any bad stigma that attached itself to the Kumo kunoichi, even in the all seeing eyes of the Hyuga Clan. Being Konoha's pride and last of the famed Senju clan had it's perks.

Being in a relationship had it's perks as well and Naruto took advantage of that fact every day since Yugito's arrival, including right now. Yugito was getting dressed in Naruto's room and as she was putting on her black pants, she noticed Naruto coming into the room.

"Naruto-kun, are you ready to go to the gate." said Yugito, turning around to see Naruto. "Naruto-kun. We can't do that right now, we'll be late."

Naruto stood in the doorway of his bedroom, dressed in only a helmet and a shield with nothing else on. "To the gate?" said Naruto before it dawned on him. "Oh yeah. That's today huh. Well shoot because I worked hard on this outfit. I got the helmet, shield, and obviously a-"

"Sword." said Yugito suggestively, wrapping a hand around Naruto's 'sword' as she said that. "We got a few minutes." said Yugito as Naruto smiled at her.

(At the Village Gate, 10 minutes later)

"Where the hell is Naruto?" questioned Tsunade as she stood impatiently at the gate. Lounging on the outer gate walls, reading his orange book, was Kakashi. Kakashi was actually on time today due to Tsunade telling him to be at the gate 4 hours earlier, prompting him to arrive still 5 minutes late even with a 4 hour grace period.

"I'm sure he'll be here Hokage-sama. Don't worry." said Kakashi as he lazily flipped a page in his book. "He's actually coming right now. And just on time too because they're approaching."

Naruto and Yugito appeared via a shunshin as they landed next to the busty Kage and elite Jonin.

"Present and accounted for Ba-chan." said Naruto, dressed in his standard Konoha attire complete with his flak jacket. Yugito stood next to Naruto in simply a blue, v neck shirt with black pants and black sandals on.

"Good Morning Hokage-dono. It's seems we weren't late, thankfully." said Yugito with a smile as Tsunade smiled back at the young blonde girl.

"Good morning to you too Yugito-chan, and Naruto-oi. Glad to see you both make it, I was a little worried there." said Tsunade as she looked out toward the path to see several figures approaching Konoha. "Look sharp now, here they come. And Naruto, why do you have a helmet on?"

Naruto turned red as he grabbed the helmet off his head and flung it out of sight and out of mind into the bushes. About a minute later, the group that was approaching Konoha finally made contact.

"Hello Hello Hello. Welcome to Konoha, I am Konoha's Godaime Hokage, Tsunade Senju." said Tsunade, extending a hand to who she deemed as the most important in the group that arrived. "Mei-dono, it's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance."

Mei happily placed a hand out to shake with Tsunade as she smiled at the blonde Hokage in front of her. "The pleasue is all mine Tsunade-dono. I'm just happy that you extended this alliance offer to us in Kirigakure. And for that, on behalf of Kiri and myself as it's Godaime Mizukage (Water Shadow), I thank you." said Mei.

Mei was a beautiful, slender woman. She has green eyes, and ankle-length, auburn hair styled into a herringbone pattern at the back, a top-knot tied with a dark blue band, and with four bangs at the front. She wears a long-sleeved, dark blue dress that falls just below the knees. Underneath, she wears a mesh armour that covers slightly more of her upper body than her dress. To complete her outfit she wears high heeled sandals, dark blue polish on her fingers and toes with matching blue lipstick.