Chapter 23: Cat in the Leaf

On the road back to the Village Hidden in the Clouds were two figures walking. Actually only one of the two were walking, the other one was being carried piggyback style by the former. These two were Naruto Senju and Yugito Nii, Konoha's Orange Fox and Kumo's Hell Cat respectively. Two of the most powerful ninjas in the world at the moment yet they were posed with an interesting predicament, brought on by a few choice words.

"We need to talk.." said Naruto in a serious tone with an equally as serious face. Yugito's laughter died down from a previous joke at the seriousness behind Naruto at the moment.

"I thought we were talking?" questioned Yugito curiously as Naruto's stone face never changed.

"That's not what I mean. What I meant was that something just doesn't feel right. Right about us." said Naruto as Yugito began to worry slightly.

"Is this what I think it is? Did I do something wrong?" questioned Yugito internally.

"Kitten. Before he can do it, just ravish him immediately. That'll get him out of this mood he's in." said Yugito's partner, Matatabi. Yugito was too into the conversation with Naruto to even acknowledge her partner's indecent suggestion.

"What's going on Naruto-kun?" asked Yugito, internally concerned at what he might say.

Naruto blew out a sigh before answering. "We've been dating for over 16 months and honestly...you've never once, made me a sandwich." said Naruto.

A few seconds passed by before Yugito decided to answer. "I'm going to make that sandwich and then choke you with it for scaring me like that." said Yugito with a small pout as Naruto began to laugh. "That's so not funny"

Naruto stifled down his laughter. "I'm sorry Yugi-chan, it was a cruel joke. But we're almost at the gate." said Naruto as Yugito nodded her head.

"I know. I know. But don't worry, I'll get you back for that later." said Yugito as Naruto let the pretty Jinchuriki down off of his back. "You going to make it in okay?"

"Of course I am. When have I not? This will be too easy." said Naruto with a grin before feeling a massive presence approaching Yugito and himself at a rapid pace. Too fast for him to hide. "Or maybe not."

Not a second later, a large figure came crashing down in front of Naruto and Yugito clad in a cloak of lighting. Standing in that cloak of lightning with a golden belt on and kage attire was Kumogakure's Yondaime Raikage, Ay, and he wasn't looking too pleased.

"Ra-Raikage-sama.." stammered out Yugito in surprise as the presence of her Kage startled her.

"Save it Yugito." said Ay as several other Kumogakure ninjas began to land behind the hulking kage. "Are you hurt? And what is he doing here? He does know this is Kumo Territory correct?"

As Yugito was explaining herself to her Kage, Naruto stood looking at the several shinobi behind the hulking kage. "Hmm. That's Darui, Samui, Shee, Karui, and Omoi. Three Jonins and two chunins. Combined with a Kage, wonder what they're here for. Can't be me, I just got here. " thought Naruto before being cut out of his thoughts by an angry shout.

"I'm going to kill that Akatsuki bastard!" shouted the red head with golden eyes, Karui, as she took the sword off her back and charged head on at Naruto. She let down an overhead slash as Naruto backpedaled to dodge. Karui wasn't done there as she continued her assault on Naruto.

"Karui stop. He's not in the Akatsuki. Don't you recognize him, that's Naruto Senju." said Omoi, trying to stop his teammate who wasn't hearing any of it. "Naruto Senju is a dangerous S rank ninja in the bingo book. I know Raikage-sama is here but even still, he's the Jinchuriki of the Kyubi, a beast stronger than the Hachibi (Eight Tails), Bee-sensei's Bijuu. What if Naruto gets angry about Karui attacking him and let's loose fully. Half of Kumo could be destroyed. Or worst, Raikage-sama coul..." continued Omoi thinking as Samui blew out a sigh of relief at just seeing Naruto.