Chapter 14: Hokage

"Yeah blondie, I know my name...Jiraiya, who is this kid?" said Tsunade with a slightly irritated voice. Tsunade is a beautiful woman who looked to be in her 20s despite being over 50. She is a fair-skinned woman with brown eyes and straight, blonde hair tied back into two loose ponytails with bangs framing either side of her face. She was wearing a grass-green haori with the kanji for gamble written in black on the back, inside a red circle. Underneath she wears a grey, kimono-style blouse with no sleeves, held closed by a broad, dark bluish-grey obi that matches her pants. She wears open-toed, strappy black sandals with high heels and red polish on both her fingernails and toenails. She also has a violet diamond mark situated on her forehead.

Jiraiya laughed as Naruto was still gawking at Tsunade. Jiraiya never told Naruto they were searching for her and it definitely caught him by surprise.

"He's my new apprentice, Naruto. Naruto, this is Tsunade and Shizune." said Jiraiya as Naruto finally got out of his stupor. Naruto looked to the black-haired woman as she smiled warmly at him. "Why don't you hang with Shizune while me and my teammate speak to one another."

Naruto nodded his head as he greeted Shizune, "Nice to meet you Shizune-san." said Naruto as he held out a hand to Tsunade's dark haired assistant.

"Nice to meet you too Naruto. This is Tonton." said Shizune as she shook hands with Naruto and showed him her pig. Naruto and Jiraiya sat in the booth with the two women as Naruto talked to Shizune and played with Tonton. Tsunade held a critical eye toward Naruto as she already knew who he was.

"Naruto... the Kyubi kid? I haven't really heard about him since he was born. Seems he's grown up to look just like Jiraiya's last pupil, the Fourth." thought Tsunade as she noticed a green glow coming from her chest. "Why is my grandfather's necklace glowing?"

"So what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you here." said Tsunade to Jiraiya as she sipped from her cup.

"Well we just stopped here for something to eat and imagine my surprise when I see you here, of all people." said Jiraiya with a smile.

Tsunade scoffed, "Seems like both of my old teammates decided to visit me on the same day."

Jiraiya narrowed his eyes slightly and asked, "So you're saying Orochimaru was here? What happened?"

"Nothing much. We just said hello." answered Tsunade.

Jiraiya smirked slightly. "Is that why there was a section of the palace wall destroyed? Just a hello?" asked Jiraiya. Jiraiya and Naruto had seen a huge piece of the wall around Tanzaku Gai in pieces on there way into the city.

"Tch. Orochimaru already told me about sensei so what do you want Jiraiya."

Jiraiya took on a serious face as he said, "I'll get straight to the point then. Konoha has requested that you become it's fifth Hokage."

At the word Hokage, the table went silent. Shizune looked shocked as she couldn't believe what was just said. Tsunade had no outside reaction to the word but inwardly was shocked. Naruto got excited at the prospect of Tsunade being the Hokage. He'd be able to have a family member always around, especially someone like Tsunade.

"I'll say it again, the village advisors' have requested that you become the village's Godaime Hokage (Fifth Hokage). So what do you say?" said Jiraiya since Tsunade was still quiet.

Tsunade took a deep breath and said, "Not possible, I refuse."

Jiraiya laughed slightly, "I remember that line. I asked you to date me a long time ago and those were the same words you used." said Jiraiya as Naruto looked shocked at Tsunade. Tsunade noticed Naruto's facial expressions and scoffed slightly.