Chapter 4: Team Kakashi

Naruto awoke today feeling amazing. Today, it'd all be official. Naruto would register, then head to the academy to meet his Jonin sensei. After getting ready, Naruto trekked off to get his registration taken care of.

After the short walk and getting his 'ninja face' on for his photograph, Naruto headed in to give his papers to the Hokage.

"Hey Jiji!" said a happy Naruto after spotting Hiruzen decked out in his Hokage attire as usual.

Hiruzen smiled upon Naruto's arrival. Naruto seemed to always brighten people's days, or at least his. "Hello Naruto-kun, I see you have your ninja registration." he said as he held out his hand to grab Naruto's papers. "Hmmm. Well Konoha Genin, Naruto Senju, ninja registration number 012607, you are official and looking good there my boy." said Hiruzen with a warm smile.

Before Naruto could reply, he sensed someone coming toward the door. After a few seconds that person came flying through the door wielding a...paper shuriken?

The 'assailant' had short, spiky brown hair. He wore a yellow shirt with Konoha's symbol on it in red, gray shorts, and a long blue scarf. He was a kid, who couldn't be older than 8. "Today's the day old man!" shouted the kid as he charged at Hiruzen. However, two steps in, he tripped on his over sized scarf and fell flat on his face.

The Sandaime sighed as he stated, "Naruto, this is Konohamaru. He wants to defeat me in battle to earn the Hokage title."

"That was the most pathetic attempt at beating someone I have ever seen." said Kurama watching the scene in amusement. Naruto mentally nodded at Kurama's claim. And eventually, after that moment of shame, Konohamaru had gotten up and pointed an accusing finger at Naruto.

"You tripped me! I was this close to beating the old man but you had to ruin it!" said Konohamaru in a murderous tone.

"Eh? You tripped on your scarf. I had nothing to do with your failure just now." said Naruto confused about how he got into this predicament. Another person entered the room, cutting Naruto from his musings.

"Honorable Grandson!" came the voice from a man named Ebisu. Ebisu is a Tokubetsu Jonin (Special Jonin) of the leaf who wears the standard outfit of Konoha shinobi without the flak jacket. He also dons a pair of black sunglasses and wears his forehead protector bandana style. He is also known throughout the Konoha Shinobi populace as a 'suck up', and as such brown noses those above him or those with enough significance. Since he only heard Konohamaru yelling and didn't realize he was talking to the Senju boy, he said, "You scoundrel, what did you do to the Sandaime's grandson?"

Upon hearing that declaration, Naruto's eyebrows raised slightly as he looked back at Konohamaru. Konohamaru smirked when he saw Naruto's face and expected he'd kiss his feet like everybody else upon realizing who he was and how the Sandaime was his grandfather.

"I did nothing to Konohamaru here. He tripped on his own scarf. And I could careless if he's the Sandaime's grandson. That means nothing to me whatsoever. Titles like that are pointless and plus, even if we were going by that, he'd lose as I outrank him being related to two Hokages." said Naruto, who waved goodbye to the Hokage and disappeared via a shunshin.

This got varied reactions around the room. Hiruzen watched the scene pleased as he knew Konohamaru liked being called Konohamaru and not Honorable Grandson. He had a name. Konohamaru was staring in awe, not because who Naruto's ancestry was, but because he called him Konohamaru and not to mention how cool he looked vanishing like that. Ebisu became shocked. If he had known it was Senju-sama he was speaking to, he would have definitely changed what he said to him.