Chapter 6: Wave

Arriving at Tazuna's house that night, Team 7's exhaustion was clear from today's events. Tazuna's house had him, his beautiful daughter, Tsunami, and his young grandson, Inari, all in the same tiny home. His home was very warm and inviting as they all rested for the night after their long day of travelling and fighting.

The following morning, Kakashi was left at home to recover from his chakra exhaustion. Upon awaking, Kakashi confirmed Naruto's concerns of Zabuza being alive. Though Kakashi assured Naruto it would take Zabuza at least a week to recover from his injuries given during their fight. So for the day, the rest of Team 7 followed Tazuna to the bridge to protect him. It was an uneventful day until that night back at Tazuna's house during dinner.

"You're all going to die you know." said Tazuna's grandson in a matter of fact tone. That comment came out of nowhere and everyone in the room became surprised by his sudden announcement.

Naruto was the first to respond, "No, we're not. I'm too awesome to die before becoming Hokage and so is my team." said Naruto as he waited for Inari's rebuttal.

"Gato's going to murder you all for trying to stop him, just like...Kaiza" said Inari as he sniffed a bit remembering Kaiza, a man who first stood up to Gato but was killed for his valiant efforts.

"No. I doubt it very seriously. We'll protect your grandfather with our lives. Just you watch kid." said Naruto with a smile, which also got a smile from Tazuna.

"Stop smiling. You don't know what pain is. You don't know suffering. You've probably lived a cozy life in that ninja village of yours." said Inari as he stepped back slightly at Naruto's stern look.

"Listen here, so what your life is bad now, get over it. People have had it worst. You still have a mother and grandfather who love and take care of you. A warm house to live in and a meal every night. You have no clue what it's like to suffer. I know a guy who lost his whole family in one night to his older brother, whom he admired. He was only six then. There's also a guy whom his entire village hated him for something out of his control. Where his existence has been ignored since being born. But you know what, they didn't mope all day long. They got up and did something about it, so they can move forward in their lives." said Naruto as he looked at Inari.

Naruto then put his utensils down as he stood up from the table. "Sensei, I need to blow off some steam, I'll be in the forest training." said Naruto as he headed outside.

"Was Naruto talking about Sasuke-kun and himself sensei? He always seemed so happy, how could he have had a terrible life like that?" asked Sakura, oblivious to the fact that her own mother had been apart of it when she used to take her away from play time when Naruto came by.

"Indeed he was Sakura. Naruto had a pretty rough life until the Hokage personally stepped in. He's done so much to gain the village's love but it's hard to change people's viewpoints. Naruto can change a person's viewpoint easily, but people are a different story. Maybe one day that will change. Though it has gotten better in recent years." said Kakashi as he wanted his Genin to wonder what it was.

"What could Naruto be hated for?" thought Sasuke as before he remembered to ask Kakashi about his sharingan.

(Next Morning, In the Forest)

The following morning was absolutely beautiful in Wave country. Naruto had stayed out all night and fallen asleep from his training session last night. He was now snoring heavily as he laid sprawled out on the forest floor.

An extremely beautiful girl in a pink dress with long black hair and chocolate-brown eyes walked into the clearing Naruto was occupying. Upon noticing Naruto snoring, she decided to wake him up. That almost proved fatal as Naruto woke up and pinned her down underneath him with a kunai at her throat.