Chapter 10: Quarterfinals

Genma, the proctor of the third exam, called the match to start but Naruto and Neji never moved. Neither Genin even entered a fighting stance as the crowd looked on confused at the proceedings.

"Senju-san. It seems you picked correct in that we would face each other." said Neji with a stoic demeanor.

Naruto looked at Neji as he cracked his knuckles. "I'm about to whoop your ass something serious...And while I'm doing it, remember that it's for Hinata-chan." said Naruto as he finally shifted into a stance.

Neji twitched slightly at Naruto's words. He knew that Naruto was incredibly strong but in his mind, he still believed he could defeat him. With his Juken (Gentle Fist), he could seal up Naruto's tenketsus (Chakra points) and coast to an easy win.

Neji settled into the opening stance of the famed Juken as he activated his Byakugan (All-seeing White Eye). Naruto placed his hands in the ram seal as he channeled some chakra.

"Iwa Bunshin no Jutsu (Rock Clone Technique)" thought Naruto as around him, 8 Narutos appeared growing from the earth.

Neji smirked. "You do realize that I can tell which one is you, those clones are meaningless when your chakra isn't distributed evenly." said Neji as he saw Naruto laugh.

"Just because you know which one is me, doesn't mean it'll make getting pass them any easier." said Naruto as his eight clones charged at Neji.

Four of his clones arrived first as they attacked Neji all at once. Two struck from behind as two attacked from the front. Seeing the clones behind him, Neji performed a front flip over the two clones in front evading all of the attacks.

Two clones were on Neji as he landed. They appeared flanking him on both sides but he easily spun and slapped away their attempts to punch him. Once he finished spinning, another Naruto appeared and lashed out with a fast uppercut.

Neji flew back into the air as he appeared to be struck by Naruto. However, it was actually evaded by Neji at the last second with only inches to spare.

Neji, having enough of dodging, decided to rid himself of the clones. So when another 4 Naruto's surrounded him on all sides, he gracefully leaped into the air and performed a spinning heel kick. The kick connected with all the Narutos as they crumbled into rocks from the powerful kicks.

As soon as those four clones were destroyed, two more Narutos came rushing at Neji. Neji skillfully slapped away their attacks and destroyed them with a double palm strike.

The final two clones appeared as Neji turned and finished them with a powerful open palm to their stomachs.

"Too easy." said Neji until he noticed something on one of the Narutos when it crumbled to rocks. Neji held up a guard as he was rocked by an explosion. Neji was sent skidding backwards as he had a few singe marks on him from the sudden explosion.

"He placed an explosive note in that clone. This is going to be difficult." thought Neji as he looked at Naruto.

"So the stories are true. The Byakugan does allow the user to see in a perfect 360. And he's fast enough to dodge all of the attacks. Seems I'll have to think of something. There has to be a weakness, I just need to find it." thought Naruto as he was cut from his musings when Neji spoke to him.

"It'll take a lot more than that to defeat me. Like I said before, my eyes see everything." said Neji.

Naruto folded his arms and stared at Neji with a bored expression. "And exactly what do you see with those eyes of yours."