Chapter 11: Emergence of the Forest

As soon as Genma started the match, Gaara's sand seeped out of his gourd as he said, "Mother wants your blood."

"Right right. Well why don't you get to it then." said Naruto as he got into a ready stance.

Gaara stood still as Naruto waited for him to make a move.

"Well then I'll come to you.." said Naruto as he sprinted at Gaara.

Naruto lashed out with a kick that was intercepted by Gaara's sand. Naruto placed his leg back down and had to evade as Gaara's sand chased him around.

Gaara stood stoic with his arms crossed as he continued to send sand at Naruto. Naruto just kept evading the sand but it never deterred Gaara one bit as he never relented.

Naruto, having enough of dodging, decided to attack.

Gaara watched as Naruto dodged his sand once more. Gaara was prepared to send another wave until a mop of yellow hair appeared. Naruto performed a Shunshin to get close to Gaara.

"Hello." said Naruto as he planted a vicious punch to Gaara's face. Gaara's sand had no time to react as Gaara was sent a few feet back. Gaara's sand armor cracked slightly as he looked up at Naruto, who was standing in the same spot he once was.

(In the Audience)

"Go Naruto-kun" came the voice of a new arrival.

"Lee-san!" said Sakura as Lee came hobbling in on crutches.

"Hello Sakura-chan. Nice to see you." said Rock Lee as he watched Gaara slowly get up.

"Naruto-kun knows that Taijutsu won't beat him. I used 5 gates and it still wasn't enough." thought Lee.

Kakashi looked on as he thought, "Wonder what Naruto will do to get past that defense?"

(In the Kage Booth)

"That boy is pretty fast. The way he just appears, especially with his golden blonde hair, reminds you of the Yondaime doesn't it. Then he's a Jinchuriki who hails from the Senju clan. He could be a powerful asset one day" said the Kazekage as he looked at the fight.

"Orochimaru. Do you think me senile. It's quite obvious that is you. But I shall banter back and forth with you to see what you plan." thought Hiruzen as he replied to the 'Kazekage'.

"How true you are. Though I believe he has more in store for us."

Orochimaru looked at the Hokage as he said, "You're saying there's something more special to him than being the Kyubi Jinchuriki?"

Hiruzen only smiled as he returned his attention to the fight.

"Maybe. Only time will tell."

(Arena Floor)

Gaara stood up as the cracked armor on his cheek repaired itself.

"Glad to see you fix your make-up." said Naruto as he saw Gaara send another wave of sand.

"Not this again." thought Naruto as he dodged again. "Punching him a million times won't help as Rock Lee clearly proved that. I could use Kurama on him but it's rather redundant to use the same power twice. Let's just go with Plan A."

Naruto dodged the sand once more as he pulled out a scroll. Naruto opened the scroll and let it fall to the ground as he placed his hands in the ram seal.

Naruto stomped on the scroll as he thought, "Suiton: Hahonryu (Water Style: Tearing Torrent)."

From the scroll under Naruto's foot, a huge amount of water came splashing out of it as it fired off toward Gaara. Gaara's wave of sand immediately rushed to defend Gaara against Naruto's water. The water and sand clashed against each other for about a minute until Gaara's sand finally held firm.