Chapter 19: Assault

Tsunade stood in the middle of the Chunin Exam stadium as she looked between the two others on the stadium floor with her. Violet eyes and golden blonde hair stood opposing green eyes and bright, pink hair. It was Naruto vs Sakura. Tsunade raised her hand and then swung it down signalling the start of the spar between the two.

"Hajime!" said Tsunade as she jumped back into the stands beside Shizune, Kakashi, and Jiraiya. Naruto and Sakura didn't move as a gentle breeze fluttered through the arena. Naruto stood grinning at Sakura as she scoffed at his nonchalant attitude toward her.

"I could careless that he's an S-rank shinobi. I've trained to be able to walk beside Naruto and Sasuke-kun for almost 4 years. I'll just have to show him that I can." thought Sakura as she took out four kunai. Sakura placed two in each hand as she flung them all at the still smiling Naruto. Naruto took one of his tri-pronged kunai out of his ninja pouch as he easily deflected the kunai. As Naruto blocked the kunai though, small squares of paper broke off the end of them and fluttered around Naruto.

Naruto realized that the pieces of paper were actually explosive notes and Sakura was holding a half ram seal. Sakura smirked at Naruto as she channeled her chakra.

BOOM!

A massive explosion rocked the area around Naruto as debris and smoke kicked up everywhere. Once the dust settled, Naruto was nowhere to be found.

"Left, Right, Up, Behind...That just leaves" thought Sakura checking each direction before raising a fist into the air, eerily similar to Tsunade. Sakura let out a grunt of effort as she swung her fist into the ground. As soon as her fist hit the ground, the stadium trembled uncontrollably as giant cracks began to form all over the field.

"Found you" said Sakura as Naruto could now be seen due to Sakura's efforts.

"Of course she has ba-chan's superhuman strength." thought Naruto as he performed a Shunshin and appeared before Sakura. "Let's test that Taijutsu."

Sakura was prepared for Naruto's quick movement and lashed out with a quick fist. Naruto landed in front of Sakura only to have to dodge the fist as Sakura continued swinging at him with fists in hopes of connecting once.

"Only one punch and it's over Naruto" said Sakura with a punch coming at every word. She continued attacking Naruto with punches and kicks but didn't come close to touching him. Naruto continued to smile as he pulled out another kunai. Sakura threw out another fist only to stop halfway when she realized she would hit the business end of Naruto's kunai.

"But that doesn't matter if you can't hit the person in the first place." said Naruto as he kicked Sakura in the stomach to send her skidding back over the rocky terrain. Naruto then placed his hands in the tiger seal. "Let's test that Genjutsu." thought Naruto as he channeled his technique.

"Kokuangyo no Jutsu (Bringer-of-Darkness Technique)" thought Naruto. Sakura tensed seeing Naruto hold a hand seal and was prepared for an attack. As Sakura tensed, she noticed an eerie black spreading out over the field around her, actually spreading out everywhere. The darkness eventually shrouded her completely as she could see nothing but pitch black.

Sakura recognized it was a genjutsu but as she attempted to dispel it, she received a harsh kick to her stomach, exact same place as before. Sakura was sent skidding back just like last time as she heard Naruto's voice seemingly come from everywhere.

"I won't let you get out of this technique by dispelling it, that's if you could dispel it. And as you can see, pain doesn't help either. What will you do Sakura-chan." drawled out Naruto. Sakura tried to dispel it again only to get kicked in the same spot again, except a little harder.