Chapter 7: Chunin Exam Start

(Timeskip- 2 months)

It had been an eventful two months for Team 7. They had gone on 5 more C rank missions and even a B rank. Three of their C ranks were simply escort missions, no ninja contact like the Wave mission. The other four were eradicating bandit camps with one having a few missing ninja, making it their first B rank. Normally a ninja's first kill would haunt them but Kakashi dealt with it perfectly.

Before their first kill, Kakashi had acquired three of the cutest baby birds he could find. He then handed each of his students one bird. Naruto, Sakura, and even Sasuke became mesmerized by the three birds cuteness. They knew they wouldn't want anything to ever harm them, they were theirs forever.

However, Kakashi told them to kill their bird or it was D ranks for life. With heavy hearts, except for Sasuke who acted indifferent on the outside, Team Kakashi silently killed their baby bird. Needless to say, neither Genin became haunted when they killed during their bandit eradication missions. They had succeeded in all of their missions with great efficiency and minimal injuries.

Team 7's Genin also progressed individually during that time span.

Sakura had progressed mainly in medical ninjutsu. She could heal light injuries with ease now and became a very important member of Team 7, more so than ever due to her abilities as a medic.

Sasuke progressed as well. Sasuke had strengthened his Taijutsu some more by getting faster because he still wanted and needed his body to catch up to his eyes mainly because Naruto still exploited that fact in their spars. Sasuke had also honed his fire release and Sharingan genjutsu. He tried hard to gain the third tomoe in his eyes but they hadn't come yet.

Naruto had done amazing in the two months. Tenzo had finally made contact with him again since Team 7 became Team 7 right after his coming back from Wave. As a result, he taught Naruto the jutsu that made Hashirama so great, Kakuan Nitten Suishu (Tenth Edict of Enlightenment). The power to tame tailed beasts. The technique used the power of Mokuton to forcibly suppress a tailed beast's power. Tenzo showed Naruto the jutsu for when he ever came across another Jinchuriki or Bijuu. Naruto had learned the jutsu by the end of the first month and was only getting better at it.

Not only had he learned that jutsu, Naruto's speed at using the Shunshin had finally reached an incomparable level. He had gotten it down to no need for hand seals and could use it against opponents in battle. Kakashi still could keep pace easily, but that was because he was an elite Jonin. Chunin and below would have trouble with Naruto's speed increase.

Kakashi knew his team was easily Chunin exam material. Naruto was a sure fired Chunin, maybe Jonin for that matter. Sasuke was at least a Chunin as well. It'd take some luck for Sakura but he was positive his team could handle the exams. As a result, his team received his recommendation for the Exams tomorrow.

(Several Hours Later)

After receiving his form from Kakashi, Naruto decided to eat at his favorite restaurant. After his fill of ramen, Naruto began to walk out of Ichiraku's and head nowhere in particular.

Naruto was walking alone, so he thought. He chuckled slightly when he noticed a rock was following him. A perfectly square rock, with two eye holes in it. Upon recognizing the chakra signature and sensing two more within it, Naruto decided to talk to his followers.

"Come on Konohamaru, I know you can do better than that." said Naruto. After he finished, The rock came flying off as a huge plume of smoke billowed out. As it cleared, it revealed Konohamaru and two other children his age.