Chapter 12: Invasion

Before Naruto or Sasuke could make a move against the enemies, Kakashi and Guy appeared before them. Kakashi and Guy disposed of the enemies surrounding them quickly as Kakashi then turned to his genin.

"Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura. This fight isn't yours. Me and the others will handle the stadium. You three need to make your way to the village. Naruto and Sasuke will defend the village while Sakura attends to any wounded, make haste." said Kakashi as he noticed Naruto staring at the Kage booth, where a huge purple barrier appeared.

"Don't worry Naruto...the Sandaime will be fine. Plus he would want you to head to the village anyway. You're in charge so get going."

Naruto looked hesitant at first until Kakashi said the Hokage would want him to protect the village. Naruto turned to see his teammates nod at him.

"Let's do this." said Naruto as he jumped to the stadium floor followed by Sasuke and Sakura.

Naruto bit his thumb midway down and slammed his hand on the ground upon landing.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu (Summoning Technique)" said Naruto as a huge puff of smoke appeared. Gamabunta appeared from the smoke with the Genin of Team 7 riding his head.

"Boss, can we get a ride to Konoha. There's an invasion happening and we're needed at the village. It's that way." said Naruto as Bunta took off for the leaf.

Sasuke and Sakura stuck to the huge toad's head using chakra just like Naruto so that they wouldn't fall off. As Gamabunta was leaping toward the leaf, Sasuke spoke.

"We can't be friends anymore after this." said Sasuke talking to Naruto. "You're the jinchuriki of the Kyubi, hold a kekkai genkai only seen in the first Hokage, and now you can summon toads. What else can you do cause this is getting out of hand."

Naruto smirked, "Seems I have a better dance instructor than you." said Naruto as Sasuke Hn'd. Naruto kept using his dance line against him.

A few moments later, Gamabunta landed at the village gate.

"We're here!" said Gamabunta as Sakura nodded and headed toward the hospital.

"We should make sure all the civilians are out of the way. Don't want any casualties due to collateral damage, but first let's make sure Sakura gets to the hospital" said Naruto. Naruto created several bunshins that acted as an escort for Sakura. As Naruto was making sure Sakura was safe, Sasuke turned to see a battalion of ninja heading for the village walls.

"Naruto, we have about 300 ninjas heading toward the village at 3 o'clock. What do you want to do?" asked Sasuke with a smirk. It was time to fight.

Naruto looked thoughtful for a second until he slammed his hands in the snake seal.

"Mokuton: Jukai Kotan (Wood Style: Nativity of a Sea of Trees)." said Naruto as hundreds of newly created trees rushed toward the group of ninja.

"What the hell?!" shouted an Oto nin as he was skewered by the rush of trees. The trees assaulted the ninjas as they were helpless to the sudden appearance of the forest. Of the 300 ninjas that were there, about 140 were left and half of those were trapped in or underneath the trees.

"Burn em. Boss, bring the oil. Sasuke bring the fire." said Naruto as Gamabunta and Sasuke obliged.

Bunta spewed the trees in a thick coat of oil as Sasuke lit the newly created forest ablaze with several well placed fireballs.

Amid the screams and the blazing forest, one Suna ninja looked fearful at the sight. "This...This is a massacre." said a Suna Ninja, who had survived the attack.