Chapter 22: Captured

(1 week later)

"Naruto? Naruto? We need to go. Tsunade-sama is calling for us." came the voice of Naruto's pink haired teammate, Sakura. Sakura was given a summons for a mission that Naruto was to be the leader of, yet he was busy messing around in Training ground 22. Messing around with a kid in a spar.

"One second Sakura-chan. I want to see what he can do" said Naruto as he blocked a punch with his palm. The person punching Naruto gave him a smile as he dispelled in a poof of smoke to reveal the same person, a spiky, brown haired 13 year old, standing several feet away. "Kage Bunshin (Shadow Clone)? When did you finally learn that?"

"A while ago, about a year to be exact." said the ninja as he ran through four hand seals ending with the Tiger Seal. " And I also learned this. Katon: Haisekisho (Fire Style: Ash Pile Burning)" The brown haired kid spewed out an enormous cloud of ash that immediately consumed Naruto. Once it surrounded Naruto fully, the ninja clicked a piece of flint on his teeth to ignite the entire ash cloud in a fiery explosion.

"Hell Yeah!" shouted the young ninja as he moved his scarf he was wearing away from his chunin vest. The young teen was wearing the standard outfit of Konoha, except with black instead of blue just like his hero, idol, and rival, Naruto. He also added a red scarf with the kanji for Monkey written down the length of it. This was none other than Konohamaru Sarutobi, recently promoted Chunin of the Leaf.

Konohamaru had grown up well. Due to his private tutoring with Ebisu with his two teammates Moegi and Udon, Konohamaru became a Genin at the age of 12 and one year later, won the Chunin Exams in Kumo, granting him promotion to Chunin for his skills. Like all members of the Sarutobi clan, Konohamaru was skilled in Fire Manipulation and Taijutsu. And of course, just like his grandfather, he was a budding bojutsu (staff technique) user.

"I knew that wouldn't be enough to get you." said Konohamaru before biting his thumb and slamming it on the ground. "Kuchiyose no Jutsu (Summoning Technique)" A poof of smoke later and a monkey as tall as the five foot 7 Konohamaru appeared.

"Konohamaru. Whassup man. Need something?" came the surprisingly deep voice of what appeared to be a teenage ape.

"Hey Yeomna. Can you transform for me. I need to kick my rival's ass." said Konohamaru as his monkey summon, Yeomna, nodded his head. After a brief stating of the word, "Henge (Transform)", Yeomna poofed into a large staff with a red shaft and gold tips. Konohamaru snagged the adamantine staff right before slamming it down into the ground.

A few seconds later, Naruto came flying out of the ground a few feet away, barely avoiding the end of the staff as it elongated and flew past his head. Naruto smiled slightly as he landed on the ground and Konohamaru retracted his staff back to it's normal size.

"What do you think Naruto-senpai? Pretty good?" questioned Konohamaru with a smirk as Naruto nodded his head.

"You're getting there, I'll have to ask ba-chan but you do seem like you're Anbu material. However. Still not good enough to beat me" said Naruto as he placed his hands in the snake seal. "Mokuton: Mokusatsu Shibari no Jutsu (Wood Style: Smothering Binding Technique)" thought Naruto as a branch flew out of his palm directly at Konohamaru before diverging into a web of branches.

"Oh shit." said Konohamaru as he smashed the first couple of branches with his staff but couldn't stop all of them. Eventually Konohamaru was left tightly snagged in the branches as his staff dispelled itself in a poof of smoke. "Damn. I'll find a way to get past your Mokuton! Just you wait Boss...Boss?"