Back from Vacation!

Hermione was furious. It was the only mood she found herself in these days. As a very important person in the magical law enforcement department, she can't afford any negligence. But there has been one recently. A very big one. And she is informed about it only now.

Not entirely her subordinates' fault as she has been on vacation with Harry, Ron and Ginny for 2 weeks. It was a much needed one for all of them. Harry being an auror and Ron working non-stop as a healer for injured people in the war and Ginny being on the Sports department, it was a very tough life for them. They had been to Goa, Miami and many other places with lots of water sports and adventure to get back on track.

They are not entirely peaceful. They still get nightmares, reliving the bitter memories of the great wizarding war 3 years ago was difficult, very difficult. In fact that was the reason she and Ron took a break in their relationship. They decided to clear their head to make sure that that is what they really wanted. They were going out, sharing kisses and all that but there was no intimacy or 'crazy in love' part going on. They eventually settled to being the best of friends they have always been. Even now they used to think and laugh, about how they are more comfortable and fun being friends rather than lovers.

But this caused a tinge of longing and emptiness to Hermione. Not that she missed Ron being her boyfriend, she was very happy with how things stood between them. But she started to think if she will ever find 'the one' in her life. She always wanted a great friendship with her man even when in a relationship, that is why she was attracted to Ron in the first place. But once it faded, it now left her in a place to question herself, will she ever be able to trust her heart to anyone..

"Ms. Granger, the meeting is about to start"

She jerked at the unexpected interruption. Oh yes, the meeting.

"Don't 'Ms. Granger' me, Marissa. You have been calling me Hermione from the 2nd day you joined. You are more a friend than my personal secretary, now what?"

"Um..but after your outburst earlier I thought.."

"Very clever. But I am still angry on you for not informing me sooner. I would have come back earlier"

"That is why I didn't tell you. You needed that vacation after working your arse off."

"That is a decision for me to make, don't you think?"

"Yes, but I am also your friend. You said so yourself. Now go, people are waiting"

"Remind me why I hired you?"

"Because the great Hermione also needs a workplace friend"

"Also to frustrate me as hell"

"Also for that." She smiled.

She laughed. She was lucky to get her.