The Prisoner of Azkaban

After two hours, Hermione found herself seated in the visiting area of the infamous Azkaban prison. Accompanied by a still angry Harry Potter, they were waiting for Moby Hardman who had many links with affected families making him an important piece of the puzzle.

"Draco really didn't object to your coming here?"

"For the last time, no, Harry, he didn't. It baffles me too. But now, just shut up"

"Sir, m'am..please come to next gate. He is here."

The prisoner showed no signs of having been a death eater. He was weak, in torn uniform looking forlorn. But his eyes screamed life. She was slightly shocked seeing such emotion from his face.

"Do you know why we are here, Mr.Hardman?" Hermione composed herself before asking him.

"You want to know about the attacks." He spoke without any accent, but his voice was firm, well articulated words.

"Yes. We also want to know how you are connected to most of the affected families." Harry added.

"Do you not know that already? We were in the Dark Lords circle. Those people who got attacked, they helped me in tasks from the higher level supporters."

"Who did you communicate with, on your next level?" Harry asked again.

"He is dead. Because of you, actually." He pointed at Hermione.

She raised her brows before continuing. "Do you know anyone who could have held grudge against you? Seems your link was the weakest."

"One of the hundreds of muggles we killed, or the half bloods or mud-" On a glare from Harry, "muggle borns"

"Thank you. Shall we leave, Hermione?"

"Wait. I have a question" Hardman motioned them to sit.

"What?" Harry asked, still standing.

"Want to tell me when the prison attacks will stop?"

"What prison attacks?" Hermione was taken aback.

"Some mysterious force attacks us daily night. We are scared to even close our eyes. Do you really think we believe these are not the ministry's doings?"

"Wha..that's absurd. The ministry would never do this. Wait..do you think the attacks outside Azkaban are from ministry as well? How dare you" she took out her wand.

"Hermione, don't. He is trying to provoke you. Let's go" Harry had to pry her wand away and steer her outside.

The prison guard, an experienced auror, confirmed the news, unfortunately.

"Yes, Mr.Potter. The attacks here have been going on for a few days now. We thought it was a prank at first. Now, we are not sure after looking at some serious injuries. I am compiling a report to be sent right away to the ministry."

"Don't. Please send it only to me. And don't tell anyone about it." Hermione told him.

Just then a loud scream could be heard, piercing the air around. They took their wands and went towards the sound.

A room at the far end of the first floor corridor seemed to have been opened and the prisoner in serious injury, clutching his sides convulsing in pain.

"Take him to the healers. Now." Harry instructed the prison guard and followed him.

Hermione went to the floor auror break room to see where he was in the time of attack. It was small, very dark with only some essentials like water, food a small bed. It's used between shifts when aurors change posts.

The floor auror was under the imperius curse. Hermione didn't know that since the room was dark and he seemed to speak normally.

"What happened here?"

"Don't know, Ms.Granger. I went away for a cup of butterbeer downstairs when i heard the scream and rushed immediately."

She slumped down on the chair, facing another useless news.

She didn't see the guard aiming his wand, didn't see him casting a spell. But right before the moment of impact, the room illuminated, the auror jolted away from his chair, hit the wall and fell down unconscious.

She drew her wand and turned to the room entrance. Draco Malfoy was standing, still fuming, aiming his wand at the fallen man.

"Draco! You came!" She ran to him, hugging him hard. His breath calmed and he stroked her back.

"Ofcourse I came! I knew you wouldn't back off once your mind is made up so I had to follow you"

"Why didn't you say so back home?" She raised her head.

"Would you have let me come along if I had?"

"Probably not" she snuggled again.

"Hermione..you all right? Malfoy! What are you doing here?" Harry came running, having heard the sound.

"I am doing what you are supposed to do. Good thing I didn't believe you can take care of her."

"Whoa! Hey! Come on, now. I had to accompany the injured man"

"Hey! I don't need you both to take care of me" she exclaimed, now standing with her hands folded.

"Yeah, that's why your wand was 10 feet away and you didn't even check to see if he was under imperius curse."

Ofcourse! How could she have missed that? "That..that was a temporary lapse."she tried.

"Which would have resulted in you being thrown across the room had he not come here" Harrys voice rose.

"I don't need to be reminded of it." She huffed.

"Enough! I am taking my girl home. Stay here and gather some useful information, Potter. See you"

What? What did he say now? She was apparating before she could ask.