The Brain-storming

"You know my parents were also affected, right? Well, now they are healing. One day i noticed they become happy whenever i laugh loudly. They used to clap or smile when i do that. i used that as the starting point. I used to laugh daily for 5 minutes. Healers noticed a change in their nerve alignments everytime they reacted to my laughter. We tried other sounds, other incidents which would trigger the same reaction, I can't keep laughing, right? That seemed to work" He shyly said.

"Neville, thank you! You are wonderful! This is what I wanted! Something like a trigger to activate his nerves!" She was so ecstatic, she jumped up and down and hugged him hard.

Neville blushed and slightly patted her back.

She nodded at everyone, said her greetings and packed her things.

"Hermione, let me.." Harry began.

"No, Harry. Let me take care of the questioning and other stuff. Details on further meetings on the assaults will be sent from my office. Thank you for your help so far."

"Are you sure about this"

"Very. I will be taking care of Draco from now on."

"That's unnecessary given we have numerous healers including Ron"

"Who doesn't give a damn about Draco. They see Draco as a patient"

"What about you then?"

"Don't know. And that scares the heck out of me"

Harry was stunned. What does it mean? He can let it go, for now.

"I know your angry on me. I am not trying to explain. But please promise me you will call whenever you need my help. I feel so bad."

"I promise"

"Thanks."

Ron began to say something but stopped on seeing her face.

-------------------------------------------------

Back in her office, she summoned Mark and Marissa.

"Bad day?" Marissa asked on seeing Hermione's expression.

"No. Very good day. I want you take Draco to your home."

"Wh..what?"

"You heard me. You have a muggle school and a playground next to your home, right?"

"Yes.."

"You host regular parties to your friends, right?"

"Yes..but"

"Perfect. Make arrangements to shift him there. Ron's assistant healer will keep checking on him regularly. I am sorry, but you may have to shift elsewhere. Is that fine?"

"Yes, she can stay with me. My roommate recently vacated. May I ask why?" Mark asked.

"Right now Draco needs a lively environment around. Our present conditions do not suit him. I feel he needs to be away from all the magic for a while."

"Wow, that's ..huge." Marissa opened her mouth in shock.

"I will explain everything in detail later. Let me design his whole schedule again, no more rest for him. Treat him as you would treat a muggle relative. Feed him regular food, play with him by pushing him in the mud or water, make him hear loud party music and children's playground noise and even slap him if need be. But be gentle"

"So we are feeding him as much external stimuli as we can" Mark furrowed his brows in understanding.

"Positive external stimuli" Hermione xorrected.

"Because he can hear and see, just that it doesn't reach his brain. So we are sending his brain so many waves, so it has nothing to do but respond. Wow!" Marissa was excited.

"Cute" Mark mumbled, momentarily taken aback by the open joy in Marissa's face.

"What did you say?" Hermione asked, not missing it.

"Nn..nothing"

"Why are you blushing, Mark? What did you say?" Marissa was intrigued.

"Look! There is a koala!" He pointed to a far away spot. Marissa looked, but Hermione kept looking at him with a knowing smirk. He signalled for her not to tell Marissa anything.

"Not there! Where is it?" Marissa was scrunching her face in disappointment.

"It will come again, Marissa. We will catch it next time" Hermione said, but kept looking at Mark.

He mouthed a thank you and blushed.

--------------------------------------------------------

That evening, after shifting Draco to Marissa's home, they took him to a nearby park.

They began playing, laughing and shouting happily, all the while making sure he was safe.

"I never knew muggle parks are this much fun!" Marissa giggled. She was sitting in one the ends of the see-saw, other end was occupied by Mark.

"I am enjoying it too!" Mark said.

"Glad you two approve" Hermione supplied sarcastically.

"Hermione, what exactly happened after Harry met you? You didn't tell us anything since you came back."

She explained all that took plac. And did anything important happen in the time I was away?"

"Only one thing, if you count a mad man shouting moral science lessons is important." Marissa giggled.

"Who was he?" Hermione was also laughing.

"Who knows..he came everyday, shouted something about right, wrong, justice and all and left."

"Ha ha. What a waste of time!" Hermione said.

"Not at all". Just then a deep voice could be heard, scaring all the muggles away. A high wind blew and a huge figure came towards them..