The Date

"I am gonna kill him! "

"You might have to fight Ginny first." Draco quickly replied.

"Sorry I am not good company, it's just..Harry is frustrating..ugh!"

They were watching a movie,seated on the floor with various papers strewn about and a large bowl of popcorn. They just received word from Harry's patronus that he is not coming over to discuss the scheme.

"We have owled him the revised plan. He will add any modifications necessary and the scheme will be put to practice. Relax."

"He is lazy, Draco. Do you know how long he used to take for his homework? Some people never change."

"Do you really believe that?" He wanted to know.

She turned to look at him and softened her expression.

"Draco, you know what I mean. " She held his hand.

"Yeah.." he agreed passively.

"Draco..you know why the people responded better to you than us, when you assured them?"

"Why?"

"Because they relate to you more. They were former allies to death eaters, now merely a group of shunned people. They see someone who did bad things in the past and who is really trying to make things better in the present."

"You think I am doing that?"

"Of course I do. Everyone does" she smiled at him

"I don't care what others think of me."

"Ok..then I think you have changed. I don't hold on to the past, Draco. Or else I would'nt have helped you, don't you think?"

"You help everyone, Hermione. You were the golden trio's star."

She laughed a little and responded. "May be so, but I also made the healers sign an NDA so that people don't know about you. I wouldn't do it to just anyone."

"I heard. I also heard you spoke to me daily when I was barely conscious."

"How..how do you know about that?"

"My reports. Ron showed me. He is still angry by the way. You owe him a chocolate chip cake"

She chuckled. "Don't ever feel bad about yourself, Draco. I am happy you are here with me, watching a chick flick in your PJs."

He wanted to know what she thought of him more but tried lightening the situation. "Don't you dare let anyone know about this and we are fine" He leaned back and summoned her near him.

She sat closer and leaned back too. He placed his hands as her headrest. She settled her head on his arms firmly and smiled a little, to herself.

"What is that smile?"

"I am not smiling"

"Ok"

"I am not."

"I said ok."

She turned to see him smirk. She punched his stomach.

"Ouch! I am hurt, woman!"

"Too bad."

"No, too bad for you. You punched me, so you don't get your gift"

"Gift?! What for?"

"I thought I can pre-order the muggle book you were browsing earlier. But I can cancel the delivery"

"What? No, Draco. Please, please I won't punch you. Let me have the book..come onnn!" She jumped up, kneeled down before him, and she looked like a child wanting a chocolate.

"Let me think about it"

"My wand is just over there. Want me to use it?"

"Now there's the Hermione I know. Of course you will get your book. I was just teasing you"

"Good for you." She frowned but sat down in front of him, facing the screen.

"I can't see anything other than your bushy curls. Come here" He held her hips, pulled her close, so her head rested on his chest, her hair covering his face. He chuckled and moved it to the side.

"Dr..Draco" she was still looking at the movie

"You even stutter adorably."

"Shut up. You are suffocating me. Loosen your hands."

"Nice try, you are not leaving this spot." He bent to whisper in her ear.

She blushed profusely. "Is it hot here?"

"Very" he smirked.

She tried masking her loud breathing by munching the popcorn.

"Feed me some" he had to ask.

"Eat it yourself"

"See..my hands are..um..occupied at the moment..very comfortably..if may add"

She felt his grip tighten on her waist. "Oh" she had to compose herself before feeding him.

"And Hermione, don't be angry on Harry. He didn't do anything" he spoke with his mouth full.

"What? Why? Swallow and answer me properly, Draco."

"I owled him secretly to refuse your invitation"

She was angry. She removed his hands and sat in front of him.

"Why would you do that?"

She is impossible. Couldn't she understand,?

"You really are naive, woman! I wanted to spend time with you." He raised his voice a little.

"We have been spending every minute together!"

"Not alone!"

"You could've just said so!"

"These things are to be understood. Jeez, Draco it's going to be very difficult."

"Stop addressing yourself in the third person,it's ridiculous. And what's going to be difficult?"

"This" He cupped her face and kissed her lips. First a peck, then both of them slightly leaned into it, a synced dance of their lips, gradually led to her putting her hands on his shoulders to draw him close, him clutching her hair to tilt her head.

He slowly released her, both of them held each other's gaze as if for an eternity and he extended his arms and motioned her with his eyes.

She put her head down, smiled and went to him, rested her head on his chest, and put her hands around his waist.

"I knew you can't resist me" He quipped.

"Shut up, Draco."

"Sorry. I was so happy I didn't know to say anything but a lame joke"

"It's ok." She moaned and settled herself even more tighter.

"Hmmmmm" he kissed her hair.

"Hehe".

"What?"

"It tickles."

"Oh" he kissed again, making her giggle more.

Tomorrow, he can think about other stuff. Today, he is not leaving the precious woman in his arms.