The Strongest Stimulus-2

Back in her chambers, Ron made Draco lie down, administered sedatives and injected calming potions.

Hermione was standing nearby, quivering with suppressed emotion.

Nobody moved, each and everyone of them witnessing the whole scene with wide eyes. Who would have thought Draco's condition would change in a situation like this?

Harry slowly recovered. He touched Hermione's shoulders and she looked up. There were tears staining her face, her body full of scars from the curse hit by the giant.

"I will go to erase the muggle people's memory and then look for clues on the man, Hermione. Heal your injuries and eat skmething, Draco needs you. The ministry may call me for questioning on the incident. We can't hide it. I will manage it, don't worry."

She nodded, wiping her tears.

"I may need your help" Harry told Mark who was healing Marissa's wounds.

"I am fine, go on" Marissa spoke and held Mark's hand. He kissed her forehead.

Harry and Mark said their greetings and left.

---------------------------------..

After a while, Ginny came with food, having heard everything from Luna..

Hermione and Marissa were fed by Ginny while healed by Luna.

"By the great Merlin!!" Ron shouted and clapped his hands.

"What happened, Ron? What is it? Everything ok?" Hermione stood suddenly.

Ron came from Draco's room and hugged Hermione. "You wonderful woman! Your patience is rewarded! I just checked his condition and His nerve alignments are getting all right by the minute. I don't know what caused it but it worked very well.. He might be actually cured! Smile Hermione! "

Hermione couldn't believe it. She sensed something must have happened when the giant backed off from Draco. She was crying with happiness, currently engulfed in a bear hug from Ron.

"I expected something like this would happen. He jolted from his chair so abruptly the giant had to back off in fear. Some big trigger he got today.."

"What happened before it?" Ginny asked.

"Oh my goodness! I was hit with a cruciatus curse and i let out a shrill cry. After a few minutes after that, Draco reacted that way!" Hermione said aloud.

"What does it mean? All he needed was the high pitched cry to rouse him from his sleep? What is it?" George wondered.

"Noo! That sound must have affected him very deeply! That is why he could react that way! The sound must have registered with him long ago!" Ron exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"Then it means he is not hearing the sound for the first time" Marissa spoke.

"Oh my! You remember when did you last cry aloud?" Ron asked Hermione, as if asking her to get the point he was trying to make.

She thought for a moment and it clicked! Of course! During their final year, in Malfoy Manor, when Bellatrix was branding her hand with the word 'mudblood'. That affected him? He still remembers it? She didn't know what to make of it.

"Can we know it, Hermione?" Marissa asked, seeing the clear expression on her boss's face.

"Malfoy Manor." She shortly said and showed her forearm where it was branded.

"Oh" George shook his head.

"Wow" Ginny and Luna exclaimed.

Marissa couldn't understand. She was about to ask when Ron interrupted.

"Not now, Marissa. Hermione, I have now made his nerves rest. After the sedatives wear off, you can come and see his condition. We can see if he responds normally or we can wait furthet. Good thing is he has made a great progress. Now go take rest" He smiled at her.

"Thank you, Ron. I must also say sorry for my outburst earlier about your skill. I didn't mean it." She smiled in return.

He chuckled. "No, you were right. For me everyone is a patient, a piece of work rather than a human body with emotions. You made me realize it, didn't you? How else do you think Draco could have responded if not for your patience and assuring words daily. I may implement it in my patients as well from now on."

She gave him a hug and looked at Draco.

She went hesitantly near him, sat down on the ground and whispered 'Thank you' in his ear. She got up, kissed his forehead and left the room, still smiling.