Something between Mark and Marissa?

Time flew by. Draco was an experiment to Ron and the 2 other healers. Day in, day out they made tests, prepared potions, examined his body's reaction for any kind of sign his mind is responding.

The only positive thing they got was that his body strength had almost restored back to normal and the internal injuries were totally healed.

Hermione was slowly beginning to lose hope on his mintal condition but gave herself a pep talk each and every day. She visited Draco after every medical procedure and 'talked' to him. It was for her more than him. It helped maintain her sanity that somehow whatever she is saying reaches him and he is trying his best to respond.

"Aren't you wasting your time here?" Mark asked, just spotting Hermione in Draco's room.

"Don't listen to him, Hermione. You are doing the right thing" Marissa answered for him, walking along

"Am I?" Hermione asked with a sad smile.

"Of course. Even if he doesn't respond, it will definitely reach him. I believe it will."

"And I don't. M'am, you are not eating or sleeping properly. You are always in the office working on the assault cases with Mr.Potter and other times you are here, talking to that guy. Have you any idea why you are doing this?" Mark asked, clearly curious.

"Mark, shut up. Why do you think parents talk to new borns? We know they won't respond or they won't understand. Then why do we still do it?"

"Coz we are dumb?" He asked, having no idea where she was going with this.

"No, you idiot. Because it reaches their conscience. The brain takes all the input, processes it and understands how to respond. Draco is just like that, don't you see?" Her voice grew serious, willing him to get it.

"Relax, Mar. But a teeny tiiiny fault in your theory. Draco has a fully developed brain contrary to babies so there is a very less chance he can.."

Hermione felt like something solid collapse inside her heart. Marissa instantly responded.

"I still believe your efforts are not wasted, Hermione. He is not mature enoug to understand" the last part was spoken with such a harsh tone towards Mark who flinched and backed away.

On a head tilt from Marissa, he spoke. "Sorry m'am"

"It's nice I have you both. But it's fine really. I can manage."

"We are not leaving until you agree to dinner with us" Marissa said.

"Of course. I will be in my office that time, we can eat together." She smiled.

"Um..today we were planning to..um..eat at..Ralph's " Marissa suddenly blushed.

"Uh, yeah we were stressed with the workload so we figured we can head out for dinner today. If you don't mind.." Mark asked, his hands in his pockets.

Oh, she is such a fool! She was in such a state she hadn't realised there is something between them. She wasn feeling guilty..

"I feel bad. I can't impose on your private time.."

"N..no not at all. We are pleased actually. Tell her, Marissa"

Marissa smiled at Hermione and crossed her hand, indicating she was waiting for Hermione's response.

"Ok. If you insist.."