Now Harry knows too?

Only Hermione and Harry met for the next meeting on the assaults. One because, it was effective, two because less and less people were actually confident that they will crack it.

"Any updates, Harry?"

"Let me be a friend first. Have you looked in the mirror? You look awful"

"Gee, thanks."

"I am serious, Hermione." He leaned forward in his chair, looking at her intently.

"Sorry, Harry. Story for another time." No way she was going to discuss it now.

"It's about Draco, your secret patient, isn't it?"

Hermione opened her mouth in shock. How did he find out?

"You actually thought I wouldn't notice? How dumb you think I am?"

"You mean apart from the time you went willingly to voldemort?"

"Not funny. What is happening? What aren't you telling me?"

"Well..it's a big story.."

"I have all day"

Soo busted. She told him everything, how she heard of Draco, her meeting with Narcissa, his condition and progress.

Harry patiently listened to her, occasionally uttering words of comfort to Hermione or his shock.

In the end, Hermione couldn't control herself, she sobbed silently.

Harry stood up and engulfed her in a big hug. They stayed like that for a while and Harry spoke.

"Hermione, I am not going to lie, i am disappointed you didn't tell me sooner. You need all the support. But your reasoning is probably right, media is always behind me. Anyway let's focus on the next steps. Sit down."

She sat down and drank a glass of water.

"Sorry, Harry."

He turned towards her and a soft look came over his features.

"It's all right. Let's put the Draco thing aside for a while. The main reason I called you today is we have a lead on the assaults case."

Hope bubbled up in her. "Really? What is it?"

I met with some assaulted people today and they were able to give us some information. You remember that the affected people were all in one way or other accused for helping the death eaters during Voldemort's period right? Well, the interesting thing is they reported that the people who attacked them looked weak. They looked like they belonged to some kind of a cult or something. Like, they wore similar clothes and something gleamed in their necks."

"What could it mean? Like, is there some revenge group?" Hermione leaned forward, some excitement back in herself.

"Now there is the Hermione I know. We are planning to question the victims families as the next step. Now, tell me what are you going to do about Draco."

"Wait for a miracle..?"

Harry silently shook his head. "So far no progress on his mind development. What next?"

"His internal injuries have recently healed. It will be a while before he can respond to stimuli, i think"

"Right. You said you speak to him everyday..care to explain?"

Hermione blushed. No way Harry will leave it.

"Um..i initially started it as a way to speaking to myself and thinking alone. One day Ron saw it and said it might actually help. Since the modulation of my speech is calm and the words are assuring, the brain may try to detect positive vibrations around. Great right?" She gleamed.

"I don't know anything medical. But if it makes you happy, i think you must continue it" He patted her cheek.

"It does..make me happy"

"Good, it's settled then. Now time to interrogat the families. They may shed some light on the matter."

"Okay, give me a moment to change. By the way, how did you find out I had Draco with me?"

"Please, like i can't figure out why you stayed in your chambers 3-4 days a week instead of coming to your condo? Give me some credit, I was the Chosen one" he winked.

She slapped him on his forearms. "Wrong. Try again. I put numerous spells on Draco's room so anyone who except me, Marissa and Mark will see only a closet. "

Harry looked sheepish. "Forgot you were the smartest. Marissa was worried about your health condition so she told me. Don't kill her, I was pestering her about why you stayed in your chambers 3-4 days a week, so she finally said Draco was attacked and he was with your care. She told me to take care of you, by the way"

"That stupid girl.."

"Hermione, do you wish I hadn't known this?"

"Initially, yes. But now I feel kinda free. I got your help too, didn't I?"

"That's right. Now go dress up. First, to Ron's, gonna whip him for hiding this so long. Then to questioning the families."

"Sir, yes, sir" she saluted and he shooed her away.