The Strongest Stimulus

Hermione tried to see, but everything around her looked hazy. All the people around her had run away, leaving only her with Draco, Mark, Marissa and the huge figure standing in front of them.

"Bet you are surprised, Granger" the figure spoke with a bellow, reminding her of voldemort.

"Who are you"? Mark spoke taking out his wand.

"Who are you, boy?" The huge man raised his wand and easily disarmed him.

Hermione and Marissa took out their wands together and aimed a smell at him. He was taken aback for a second but steadied himself as if no spell had come at him. He bellowed a short laugh and aimed a curse at Marissa, causing her to double over in pain, blood spurting from her body.

Mark ran over to where she had fell down and began nursing the wounds.

Hermione wondered who he was, preparing herself for a duel. She was physically and emotionally weak, still for Draco she made herself strong.

"Stop hurting people. What do you want?"

"Now you are asking the right questions. You are cleverer than Marissa, you don't ignore me as she did".

Then it clicked. "You are the..mad man? Why are you doing this? What the heck do you want?"

"Let me give you a deal. Hand over Draco and you can all walk away free..if you don't..well then..you know how these things go don't you?" He said with such menacing modulation Hermione had to back up a little.

Why Draco? Is he an old enemy? None of the people she knew looked like this..

"Why? What are you gonna do to him? He is..not himself right now" She spoke, her voice trembling a little.

"Oh I know! Have you grown a little affectionate towards him now, how pathetic! I didn't expect events to turn this way!" He laughed, causing her to shiver.

Oh, no! "Noo! You are responsible for his condition ?! How could you..? Don't you have a little mercy?" She shouted, her voice croaky. She stood with Draco's wheel chair behind her.

Enough talking, she aimed a spell hitting him square on his legs, causing him to topple over. She bound his legs and hand with conjured ropes and began dragging him.

He was shocked, then shook himself, after a moment muttered a spell to set himself free.

"Guess you want the toug waythen! Sorry, Hermione!" He aimed the cruciatus curse at her.

"Aaaarghhh!" Hermione's shrill voice echoed through the area. She whimpered and rolled in pain, clutching and cryin. The figure walked past her to get to Draco.

Just when he was about to get near him, the limp Draco's body gave a violent shake, he raised his hands and his upper body moved causing him to jump as if jolting awake up from a bad dream!

The giants face scrunched up in confusion. Hermione didn't know what was happening but she could hear sound of Draco's wheel chair! Did something happen to him?? But the giant has not moved near Draco to be causing something. So Draco had moved on his own? She couldn't be sure since she was shielded from Draco by the giants back.

Just then many things happened at once.

Mark aimed a spell at the giant to distrac him momentarily and sent a patronus to Harry. Hermione dragged herself very shakily, moving near Draco. Meanwhile Marissa aimed a curse at the giant. Just a moment later Harry, Ron, Luna and George apparated to where they were huddled up around the wheelchair.

The giant blinked, looking at the newly joined wizards and sensing defeat, apparated on the spot.

Harry went immediately to Hermione who was looking very intently at Draco's form. "Harry! Look! Look! Everybody come and see!" She shouted.

Draco's hands were shaking, his legs were convulsing and drops of tears could be seen fallin from his eyes.

"Quick! Let us get him to the chambers!" Ron cried.

They apparated then, with Hermione clutching Draco's hand hard.