"You made it, mate!"

"No, I am not hallucinating! It is true. Come and see for yourself!"

She took a quick break to call Ron. She wanted to inform Narcissa herself, but Ron just said, "It's your time to rejoice. Let me inform the others, don't worry."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Draco..your mother will come to visit you. Is that fine?" She felt she needed his consent.

His face frowned a little, then he nodded. "Yes".

"You know how happy I am?" She asked, walking to stand before him.

"Yes" he nodded, his face glowing with pride.

"Tell me" She folded her hands across her chest, a smile on her face.

He appeared to think for a while then walked closer to her. She was curious now. "Your..eyes are shining."

"Yes. So?" She was jumping inside, he spoke a sentence without stammering! She couldn't show it, though. She wanted to hear him speak some more.

"You are happy" he supplied.

"Say some more"

"You look cute." He touched her nose with his forefinger and smiled like an innocent child.

Wow, that was uncalled for. Why did he have to make her blush now?

"Ok, time to dress up."

She held his hands, slowly made him walk to his room and picked out some clothes to wear. She wanted him to look good, it was his day after all.
---------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, everybody who knew the news apparated to the place.

Narcissa was crying on his shirt. Luna, Ginny and Harry were patting his back, saying congratulations. Mark and Marissa were serving drinks to everyone. Ron made some more tests to reassess Draco's condition.

"Everything all right. You made it, mate!" He patted Draco's back.

"Thanks..but everything seems..hazy to me..can someone please help me remembering?"

Hermione who was standing far from all this commotion, tensed. She knew this question would come up, but she wasn't prepared.

"Um..not worth your time, Draco".

"Why are you standing there..far away?" He asked, his face scrunching.

She just smiled and walked over, standing beside him. He held her hand. Hermione blushed and bowed her head.

"Shall we have a party? At my place?" Narcissa asked, her sobs finally subsiding.

Ron and Hermione were flabbergasted! Didn't she remember him reacting only after hearing Hermione's screams? Obviously he was still not over the Bellatrix incident where Hermione was branded 'Mudblood'.

"NO!" They chorused.

"Why not?"

"Let's have the party here!" Marissa told excitedly. "It will be fun!"

"Ok, then!" Narcissa agreed. She began preparations with Marissa, Luna and Ginny.

----------------------------------------------------
Hermione wanted to talk to Harry.

"Harry, how's the progress?"

Draco looked over in confusion.

Hermione looked at Ron, who nodded his head.

So they told Draco about the case, about what happened so far.

"We still haven't questioned the victims families. I got sidetracked on some auror assignment, sorry Hermione. " Harry explained.

"It's ok, Harry. Let me take it up."

"When will I know what happened to me?" Draco asked again.

Ron looked over at Hermione and Harry both looking as if they had no intention to bring it up.

So Ron told him everything. But he omitted the part where he first reacted to Hermione's screams.

Draco absorbed all that was said. "I was in a pathetic condition..for so long? I am sorry.." he sat down.

Hermione immediately sank to his level. "It's not your fault, Draco."

"Let me come with you to question the families" he spoke seriously.

"What? No way!"

"Please, Hermione. I feel useless already.!

"It's ok, Hermione. He will get fresh air..will be a nice diversion after sitting in wheelchair this long!" Harry commented.

She nodded her head at Ron, asking if it is ok.

"As long as he doesn't get overwhelmed with strong emotions, it's perfectly fine. Make sure he takes his medications, though"

"Fine, then. Are you sure, Draco?"

"Very. It's also the least I can do after everything you have done for me" he touched her cheek.

She smiled and held his fingers.

"Ahem" came Mark's voice, a few feet away.

She could see Harry and Ron, smirking.

"You all are evil" She huffed.