The Summoning

-Oracle Of The Seven Clans-

Tao Shi had been alive for such a long time, guiding the people of the Seven Lands to achieve peace and greatness, through seven magical clans, with great power. After giving all lands the proper balance, the clans and their people prosper and cultivate, living in harmony with nature and with the other clans. He had seen all clans grow in strength and power and help them keep peace when troubles aroused. 

However, he felt that that there was something about to change. The air was filled with traces of blood and sickness and there was a distortion of the balance. At first, he thought a war between clans was around the corner, but as he looked at the cosmos and the stars, he found there was a new one, a red star coming from the Shadow Lands, far in the north. 

It had been such a long time since the forbidden lands has gain such strong energy, back to spread more chaos. Of course, as a guardian of the Seven Lands, out of the Shadow Lord's reach, he needed to take action before the darkness spreading could cause a major war and disturb the peace he work so hard to brought back to the world.

"Lan Fen!" He yelled and a woman, dressed in white robes, with a long hair half tied, came in and bowed respectfully to the elder.

"Summon all Clans leaders here, as soon as possible. We need to meet and discuss how to prevent the coming chaos." The old man said.

"Trouble times, my Lord? Are we going to witness a war soon?" She asked.

"Worse... the Shadow Lands are active again and this time, they have a strong leader. Hurry, my dear and summon the Clans. We need to gather before is too late. Tell them to use the summoning circle. We don't have time to waste in long journeys to our Star Temple.

"Yes, my lord. I will make sure they make haste." The woman said, bowing back before going out of the Star room.

Two Days Later

-Shen Wei-

"Damn, it stink!" Ye Zun shouted covering his nose and mouth with a handkerchief, his most resident conquer gift him with. 

"They are dead, what did you expect, Didi?" Shen Wei asked, as he had a better look at the corpses. A few healers were examining the bodies left behind in the middle of a road, in which some guards had found the small caravan of traders all dead. So both brothers had decided to investigate on their own, as their father and leader of the Fire Clan was out of the country, summoned by the Oracle of the Stars.

"What do you think, Gege? This is quite close to the border, maybe some water bastard wants to begin a war while their leader is away." Ye Zun said.

"No. For the times I had seen Zhao Yunlan in the Clans gatherings, he doesn't look like the cowardly type and he is the next in line. These merchants were not killed, as far as I can see. They probably die of an illness." Ye Zun moved away in a fast move, that make his brother smile. His little Zun was not the bravest when facing illness.

"Then let's go back to the palace, Shen Wei. We shouldn't be here in the first place." Shen smile widen.

"You go, I will make preparations for the bodies to be properly buried, after our healers have a bit more time examining them."

"But..."

"Not but's, just go. Father will kill me if you get sick, when he is not around."

"But Gege..."

"Go, Ye Zun. I will take care of this. I'm not alone, anyways... GO!" Shen insisted and after another moment of hesitation, his twin brother mount his horse and went away with his escort.