Into The Darkness

-Yunlan-

They reached the caves the next day, almost by nightfall. As soon as the river narrow inside the dark world, they disembark into a small path of natural stones. Shen Wei summon a few fire birds to hover over them, while Da Qing concentrate in the stone to have a full picture of the coming challenge.

"Can you do it, Qing?" Lin asked a bit impatient after a few minutes of watching the Earth Prince with his eyes closed, seen nothing happening.

"Be quiet, let him concentrate." Yunlan warned the impatient Wind Prince.

"It's huge. This caves system is huge, they extended from several miles away and there are too many bats nests no matter which way you go. There is no way of avoid them and using fire will attract them like moths to the flame. Them been blind, matter not, the heat will give us away in every step."

"So we are screw, is that what you are saying?" Chu asked.

"We were screw from the first step we put in these lands. Let him finish." Zhu said.

"The bats are actually nothing like we had seen before. They had wings, but they resemble big beast more than the normal bats we are use to. So expect attacks not only from above, but also from every corner. Judging for their current shape, they may also run and jump on you when you less expect it." Da Qing finally said.

"Guo, summon your shield now, once we enter they will come at us in waves. Da Qing, did you find a path to the other side?" Zhao asked, while Gou assented in agreement, fully knowing things will get rough as soon as they enter in full inside the caves.

"I will need to create a few turns along the way, but yes, I know where to go to find the exit of this hell. The thing is, it will take us at least a few days to go out and without a safe place to rest, we are bond to get tired and make mistakes, not to mention our energy will spend faster after long hours of constant use." They all look at each other after that.

Obviously, Da Qing had a valid point they had not considerate until now. The first walk was before entering the dark lands was safe, then they manage to reach the river before nightfall, in which the goddess grant them a mean to rest and travel faster, but the boat was of no use there in which the river became subterranean and no longer of any further use, or so they thought.

As soon as the worry was voiced out, the boat, like a few days ago, begin to shake and shrink to the original form of a stone, which this time glide over Yunlan and into his open palm. In the moment it make contact with the Water Prince skin, Yunlan close his eyes, feeling, more than seen, the intention of the goddess for that part of their quest. Then he smiled.

"Worry not about a safe resting place. We got one, right here... let's try to make the best time we can for as long as we are able. The less time we spend in this hell, the better for all of us." Most of them assented.

"Okay... Da Qing will lead the way, the rest of us, protect him while he create a pass for us. Shen Wei and Guo, you both are our defense and offense from afar, Lin and myself will also aid you with that. All healers are to use needles or your short swords if the bats gets too close. Chu, you most tied us all together with your strings at all times, because if we get separate, we will only meet our doom. Can you do it?" Zhao asked seriously and Chu chuckle.

"That's the easiest thing I had ever done. No one will escape my personal web, not even you, Zhao Yunlan." Zhao nodded.

"Good then. Tied us together, then we move in a single line. If we need a bit of pace to attack a group of bats, we fight forming a circle and if we are force to brake it, none of us will go beyond Chu's hold on us, no matter what. Have your magic and weapons ready to be use at any time. This challenge is not going to by easier, be ready to run and follow Da Qing's lead." And so, the group follow Da Qing's every step.