The God's Gift

-Yunlan-

The journey had not been easy since the first day, but they all knew that the hardest part was yet to come. After they had gone out of their personal heaven, Yunlan sat in their usual resting spot to meditate and had a better hold on his star magic. He knew that there was a big chance for him to use it this time around and probably in a bigger scale. Shen Wei was still against him using it, knowing it will weaken him, but when there was no choice, he could not avoid it.

Shen also mentally prepare himself for their hardest battle, trying to gather as much energy as he could from that divine realm. The next territory was one of snow, meaning his fire will be essential, both to protect the team from the cold and for the imminent fight. He also pray to the goddess for her protection and hopeful end to their journey with no further deaths on their part.

Once they were ready to head out of the stone dimension in the morning, they walked in silence in a single line for the next two hours, in were the weather begin to change to a more cold one. Shen Wei had placed himself in the middle point of their line, so he could increase his heat and shelter the team with the warm he was releasing in waves, but at some point, it was getting a bit troublesome for Wei to walk in the deepest parts, in which the snow under him melted by his heat, making him sink several times.

After that, Yunlan leave the lead in Da Qing's hands, as a Master of Earth, he was best suited for it anyways and Yunlan moved behind Shen Wei to hardened the snow he walked on, so he will walk more steadily over the frozen ground. Then, as they went deeper, snow begin to fall and the wind to increase and most of the group were glad to have a Fire Prince among them, so the snow will not touch them, melted down before reaching them, keeping most of the cold away and their visibility clear.

At the far distance, they could distinguish a Volcano, with rivers of magma going down in a few parts and even if they were still a while away, they all could feel the intensity of a dark energy of the red stone that was poisoning the land a bit at a time. Da Qing even felt, deep bellow their feet, the 'veins' of the energy that had spread, tainting anything it touched.

"Isn't this strange? We had been walking for a while now and even if this place ricks at dark energy, why we haven't encounter even a single Shadow?" Chu asked, finding the white calm quite disturbing.

"They had gather up ahead. If my senses are not dull from the dark energy, there is an overwhelming number of things waiting in a big valley, hours away... hundreds of them..." Da Qing said shuddering a bit.

"Hundreds?" Sang asked in shock.

"Maybe more..." The Earth Prince added.

"And with so little of us against such numbers, aren't we as good as dead?" Asked Sang again and Wang wasted no time to hit the back of his head, being behind him in their line.

"Stop talking nonsense. We did not volunteer to come here to die, nor are we afraid of it anyways." Shen Wei smiled quite proud of her and so did Yunlan.

"Well said, Wang. Certainly, all female healers from the Fire Clan are fiery and courageous, a shame I can't said the same from my male healers. If we survive this test, I'm afraid you will have a hard time with him..." Yunlan joked as Sang went red with embarrassment.

"My Lord that's too much!" Sang protested and most laughed, even if it was to release a bit of the tension they were holding inside.

"We go and meet with our destinies, whatever they are with the same desire we volunteer to save our people. Just so you know... we are not exactly alone in our journey, because the gods want this 'abnormally' to disappear form the earth as much as we do, so let them gather in thousands if they wish it, we don't back down even in our last breath." Yunlan said with the serious tone that a leader will use to calm and encourage his people right before a life and death fight.