A War With Two Fronts

-Fire Clan-

After almost a week of dealing with a sickness spreading all over the seven lands, Ming found herself desperately looking for anything that could give them a hint to locate the shadows behind it all. Although so far, the sickness could be cured, it needed time for the medicine to take effect and the patient to recover afterwards.
It was a matter of time before this slow process overloaded their healing houses and the healers, not to mention, the ingredients for the cure were not going to last for long if people all around their Clans keep getting sick in such numbers.

So, the second Prince, Ye Zun had been tasked with a quest, similar to the one his brother Wei was already embarked in into the dark lands. Lord Shen had ask the white haired Prince to hunt down the Shadows inside their territory. It was getting more than evident that if they didn’t get rid of the source of the sickness, they will get into serious problems that will cause many unfortunates deaths.

However, hunting down Shadows was not an easy task and Lord Tao could not tell them exactly where to find them, because they were always in the move, so even if he knew one location, by the time they got there, the Shadow will be long gone. They try looking for them in areas were the sickness had spread the most recently, but they could not find any sign of Shadows anywhere.

So Ming, gave herself the task to look for answers in the old records. What little they knew about the dark lands and some of the creatures that lived there came from the times before the Clans were created. Although she had born with noble blood by the Fire Clan standards, she didn’t study old history, because she was more focus in learning all healing abilities she could master with both potions and her fire magic.

However, now she was regretting not having that part of her training, as most nobles did, even if it was just a few days in the old archive. She spent all morning looking into the oldest scrolls, that were barely readable, but just when she was going to give up, she found something that caught her attention. There was a very small paragraph describing the times of war, when some dark creatures acted against humanity, taking the chance humans were busy killing each other.

“The Furies fire was felt by every strong fire user, so their approach was not unnoticed, but the Shadows did took humans by surprise. As they are more spirits than living things, only the strongest monks could feel their presence if they concentrate hard enough…” She read out load, knowing she had finally hit the spot.

Ming hastily went out of the archive room and ran as fast as she could to find Ye Zun. The monks of centuries ago that she just read about in the old text, where the founders of the Sage Clan and although Guo was no longer there, the Elders may know who else could pull it off. In her haste, she bumped into someone, when turning in a corner and she almost fell, if strong arms had not catch her in time.

“Wow, be careful there…” The man said, securely holding her and Ming’s heart raised tenfold.

This was Zhi Long, the healer that came from the Serpent Clan a day ago. He was currently administrating the most recent medicine for the sickness, as she had volunteer to find the Shadows and help the Prince in his quest. The man was not only extremely good with potions medicines and poison, he was very handsome and caring, which in all honestly stole her hear in less than a day.

“Oh, sorry… my apologies, Lord Long… I was in a haste…” Ming said shyly, as she blushed, still in the gorgeous man arms.

“I can see that. Why the hurry? Where were you heading?” He asked, finally letting go of her.

“I was going to meet Lord Zun. I had something very important to tell him. It will greatly help him with his new quest.” She said, still blushing a bit. The man smiled at her, melting her heart completely.