A Firefly Blessing

-Yunlan-

They walked for five more hours, avoiding big forests and as much spiders as they could. Those few they could not evade, they fight it and keep moving until they finally saw the serpentine river, only a short distance away. It was already dark by the time they reached the river shore and Yunlan call off their day and prepare to camp by the river.

Close to a big body of water, Zhao Yunlan was powerful enough to fight hundreds of spiders for hours and don't even sweat. So staying in the river bank was the safest place for them to spend the night, even if they were still in the spiders lands. It was going to take them a few more days to actually move into the next territory anyways, that place was as good as any.

After Shen summon an undying fire and Da Qing hardened a part of the sand, so they could put their blankets over solid ground, Yunlan went inside the river after having a deserved meal and a bit of rest. He keep walking until the water reached his hips and after cleaning his face, he begin to manipulate the water in a hypnotic dance, or so Shen thought as he watched the Water Prince move around the river, with several ribbons of clear water following his every steps, surrounding him protectively.

It was a beautiful sight that took his breath away. The water seems to reflect Shen's magical fire in the shore, because there was hints or orange inside the ribbons that Yunlan turned under his control. It was obvious, Zhao was testing his power over the dark lands waters and perhaps find out how safe they were. At some point, while Yunlan concentrate to feel everything close to the water from miles away, the ribbons tuned into water dragons, flying around Zhao.

Soon, the river begin to take a brighter color, a shining green surrounding him first, then it spread out, up and down as far as they could see. The dancing dragons also turned a glowing green and they open their little mouths and sprayed water all over Yunlan. Shen could see that Zhao's scratches were healed instantly and the lost energy replenish.

Then Yunlan turned their way and urge them to come and join him in. He was probably wanting for the rest of the group to have their energy restored, but as the Water Prince gaze was fixed in Shen Wei, the others simply stay in their places watching the display of absolute control over water. However, the Fire Prince feet moved on their own accord, as he barely notice when he reached Yunlan, who took his right hand and pull him closer.

"Close your eyes, my Prince and let me take care of you... the rest of the group will join us if I show them we can trust each other in more than times of dangers." Zhao whisper to him and Shen sighed.

"You are using me to show trust or that's an excuse to get me closer?" Zhao smiled at his Prince. The handsome man in front of him has failed to notice he came to meet him out of impulse, because he never call out his name, he just extended his hand and Shen was attract it to it, like a moth to a flame.

"Why not doing both? Do you trust me, my Prince?" Zhao asked back.

"Yes, I don't have a single reason for not to trust you." Shen reply instantly, without a hint of hesitation, which pleased Yunlan even more.

"Then close your eyes and entrust yourself to me..." The last thing Shen saw before closing his eyes was Yunlan's deep gaze over him. He was looking at him so lovingly that it make his heart skip a few beats, making him slightly blush, but he still allow the mischievous leader to do as he pleased.

The first thing Shen Wei felt was a warm water wrapping him in a gentle wave that moved from under his feet, to be a bit above his hips and the Fire Prince relaxed, allowing the water do wonders on his tired legs, taking away all his soreness and exhaustion.

Then, Yunlan carefully guide him further in, were it was a bit deeper and Shen could not resist the impulse to dive in, so his body could feel the wonders in full, at the same time he got clean. His long hair pasted over his face once out, but Yunlan removed it, to have a better look at him.