A Dance Of Ice And Fire

-Shen Wei/Yunlan-

They all look up into the night sky when they heard a piercing screech. Whatever was coming, they didn't have any doubts it was big. Out of safety, Shen summoned his shield, so the others will be protected against the fire of the coming beast. This time, both Da Qing and Zhu Hong were going to join the inevitable fight and Yunlan was determine to help Shen Wei to defeat the beast as soon as possible.

The land of the Furies was nothing more than black rocks and fire, with some small valley's in between, a land that formed out of volcanic lava and forged by the whims of the volcano, miles away. From their current position, they could see in far distant, the top of the black mountain, spitting magma from time to time and Shen Wei had told them that was the place the dragon had come from, pretty much at the foot of the mountain.

Soon, they were able to see fire coming from the sky and Da Qing use his magic to surround their barrier with volcanic spikes in all directions that could be used like projectiles against the coming dragon. Guo ready his sword shield as well, sending it out in the form of flying wheels, like he did with the last furies and so dozens of them fly around Shen's shield in waiting to take action at any moment. Zhu Hong threw a small pouch with a green powder that Lin's wind scattered outside their protection.

The first thing that came their way was a big ball of fire, that Wei extinguish before it could reach them with ease, then the beast came. The size alone was impressive, because it was huge and ferocious. Its body was half made of black stone and black scales, but its chest was open with the source of its power plain to see, which was a line of scorching fire, hotter than that of the Furies. 

In a way, the fire dragon could be consider the King of the Furies, which could explain why they had not encounter another one, even when they had walked through their territory for a full day. If that was the territory of the King, no Fury will dare to cross to its territory without a price. A King will kill anything that came close, whatever Fury or human. Thus, if they defeated the King, they will be able to travel the rest of the way without any further encounters with the kind and that alone was worth the effort in defeat it.

"That's an imposing beast..." Da Qing said, as he watch it coming closer, firing another fire ball that Shen's silver dragon, swallow it like it was food.

"Indeed. No poison will work against that thing. The heart itself is made of fire, my poison cloud had no chance to work over fire." Zhu said.

"Neither will threads, or at least not for long and nor wind for that matter." Chu said.

"Yunlan, whatever you do, don't use star magic unless there is no other choice." Shen Wei said, putting a hand over his shoulder.

"Don't worry, my Prince, I am still a master of water." Zhao smiled at him and Shen simply assented.

Then the thing spitted a huge column of fire when over them, but Shen's barrier held strong, effectively keeping the group safe. Zhu's poison cloud was burned down, so Da Qing shoot black spike from the ground up, but the beast either catch and crush them like they were little sticks or avoid them. Guo's wheels moved above their heads and strike the King with great force, but this time they bounced back, making no damage, still Guo keep them striking the dragon from different sides over and over, preventing it land. 

However, the dragon Fury use an even bigger cloud of fire that completely cover Shen Wei's shield, blocking their visibility, as the heat coming from the King was intense enough to make them sweat rivers over their hot skin. However,  Zhao calmly lower the temperature inside their bubble to a point there was traces of frost in the black ground, then Shen's silver dragons absorbed the fire covering their dome, giving them back a clear view of the ferocious beast.