The Valley Of Snow

-Yunlan-

The first wave of Shadows were killed by Yunlan's light beam, but as they ran to reach their goal, more things began to close the safe path their leader had created for them and soon they were surrounded by all types of creatures from all sides. Shen Wei created a golden shield that will allow them to attack from the inside, but prevent the dark creatures to reach them inside.

Guo sent out his swords, now with double the amount and strenght, slashing anything that came close in a huge circle around Shen Wei's shield and Yunlan used more light attacks to keep the creatures away for as far as he could. Now that he had been granted mastery over his huge amount of star magic, it was easier to use it, with almost no side effect like it did before, tiring him completely just after one single use.

"Lin, use your wind to keep them as far as you can, we need to move!" Yunlan commanded and Lin summon a set of his strongest storm winds, coming down from the grayish clouded sky, in huge twisters, surrounded by thunders that strike down, with a good amount of energy, killing and turning into ashes several Shadows at the same time. Then, the twisters moved in different directions sucking in and throwing away everything in their path.

"Shen Wei, maintain the shield as we move, Guo keep slashing all that moves within your reach. Qing, make some walls with your earth, we can't stay for long in one place, or we will be overwhelmed!" Da Qing assented as he moved both his arms up, while the earth obeyed his command over it, creating long sharps spikes that came out of the snowy ground to their right and left, leaving a cleaner path in the middle.

Shen Wei released a wave of white fire ahead of them, burning to ashes everything that was in front, while Guo keep away those at their side, behind Qing's walls of spikes. They ran for a while, occasionally making long distance attacks, when Shen Wei felt a few strong fires closing in on them.

"Yunlan, Furies are coming, several ones!" Shen Wei shouted.

"Not only that, there are things coming from the air too!" Lin yelled and Yunlan looked up and sure enough, he saw huge shadows in the distance, moving closer at fast speed.

"Are those some kind of odd dragons?" Chu asked, as they halt, to confront the coming Furies.

"Not dragons... those are tainted Qilin's (Kirin's), which means bad news for us. Chu, can you create a golden net that can catch heavenly creatures?" Yunlan asked, hoping they could trap the Kirin's instead of killing them, because Kirin's were sacred beasts of the heavens and a severe punishment with befall in any mortal that dare hurt one.

"I can make the nets, but I doubt they will get in on their own accord and I can't sent them high enough." Chu responded.

"Well, I can help to send them up and even move the nets to chase them, but it will take time to trap one and so far there are three, not to mention Furies coming, as well as everything else." Lin said.

"Okay... Lin, you and Chu take care of trapping the Qirin's and the rest of us will make a stand to take on the rest. You two stay in the middle of Wei's shield, we circle you around." Yunlan said and Qing, Zhu, Wei, Wang, Sang, Guo and himself moved to complete the circle and defend the shield from all sides.

Shen Wei summon his silver dragon, to make things easier to catch the Qirin's or in case things got out of hand. So, Chu summons several golden threads and begin making the first net in the middle of the air, while the others used long range attacks to keep the shadows away. However, once the Furies came the fight became harder.

To keep them as further away, Shen Wei make a second shield and expanded it several yards all around. His silver dragon engaged in a battle with one of them, taking their fight somewhere else, while the second was pierced by Yunlan's light beam, making it explode killing others as well. The third throw itself over the golden barrier, but Shen Wei created a huge arrow of white fire that penetrate the thick stone skin of the Fury, killing it.