Heated Love

-Shen Wei-

Shen Wei had been so impressed with the Water Prince magic that he couldn't help himself but to kiss him right there, in front of the rest of the group and as soon as his lips joined with Yunlan's, he forgot about everything else. However, when he finally let go of him, he realize the others were staring at them in amusement and thus, the Fire Prince blushed deep red, which in turn make Zhao laugh, passing a arm over Wei's shoulder.

"My Wei, don't be shy, this is normal between lovers..." Zhao whisper to his ear, making Wei even more embarrass.

"I... never mind, are you alright, Yunlan?" Shen asked, giving Zhao a deeper look, sensing his energy, which wasn't as spent as he first thought.

"Ah, don't worry my Prince, I only use water magic this time." Zhao said, giving Shen a slight kiss on his cheek.

"An impressive one at that Zhao Yunlan." Wang said, as she looked the ice shards that were once the Fury King.

"Indeed, you both are." Zhu added, looking at the couple. It was undeniable they were meant to be with each other and thinking back, Zhao Yunlan always had a fascination with the young Fire Prince even when they were younger.

She had watched the Water Prince stare at Shen Wei at every opportunity in all gatherings, while Shen also stare at Yunlan occasionally. Back then she was a bit sad for the heir of the Water Clan, but now, she was actually glad his love was not unrequired, although it was yet to be seen what will happen to their relationship once back to their respective lands... Zhu looked at Da Qing and wonder for them too, as well as for Wang and Sang.

"Thank you." Shen said a bit embarrassed and Zhao smiled.

"Well, we defeat the Fury King... Shen Wei, any other Fury close enough to us to be concern about?" Zhao asked.

"No more Furies will come after this battle. That dragon had the biggest territory in this part of the dark land. I believe we can safely move on to the next without any further encounters." Shen answered.

"Good. The next one will not be less dangerous with high picks and endless cliffs, surrounded by clouds. Chu we will need your strongest threads to tide us all together again and Lin, your wind magic is a must in the next part of our journey. Can you summon a wind beast? We should had a backup plan just in case things goes wrong and someone does fall down to a certain death, because not even I can tell exactly what is the thing that lurks in the deeps of these cliffs." Zhao asked Lin, hoping for a yes.

"Yes, but unfortunately, not big enough to carry more than two, so let's hope no one falls." Lin said.

"My threads are strong enough to keep us all safe." Chu insisted with confidence.

"Don't be so sure, the strength of this new beast is not to be taken lightly." Zhu warned him.

"And how do you know? Did you see it? Zhao Yunlan just said even he don't know what it is." Chu refuted.

"Hey, she is a Nuwa worshiper and we all witness her connection with the goddess when binding us to our vows, so she does know what she is talking about." Da Qing intervened, stepping in front of her. Zhu find the 'rescue' quite cute, for which she smiled slightly behind the Earth Prince back, quite pleased.

"That's just spot-on, Da Qing... Zhu knows more about these lands than I do now and that's why I ask her about our challenges at the beginning of our journey. Anyway, we still need to walk a long distance to get there, so we have time to plan for most possible outcomes. Since this territory is now safe, we should have a good rest tonight and recover our energy. Early in the morning, we move on as fast as we can, so we can reach the picks before nightfall." Zhao said and soon enough, he transported them back inside the goddess stone.