The Great Quest

-Yunlan-

The feast was quite something, but Zhao Yunlan was too concerned about two things to fully enjoy it. The Fire Prince was now sat in front of him and although he was not directly avoiding him, Zhao could feel he was uncomfortable in his presence. Perhaps he hasted his sudden confession, scaring the innocent Prince with things he was not ready for just yet.

However, what he had said to him was not a lie, they may not have a next day in their dangerous journey and if they manage to come back, he will move heaven and earth to be with his Prince, if Shen Wei also want him back. He had put his eyes on him, a long time ago. When they were kids and their fathers introduce them to one another, the fire boy's eyes, smile and kindness had melt his heart in the spot, not to mention his beauty.

So he make sure that in those very few days he could see Shen Wei in Clans gathering counted the most. He stayed close to the Fire Prince in every opportunity, most of the time trying to avoid people his father wanted him to befriend, because he only had interest in the fire beauty. Nonetheless, he still needed to keep up with his father's wishes when younger, but as he grew up, he care less for appearances and alliances and simply do what he wished. 

He was sure Shen Wei had seen him stare his way most of the time, but he had been pleasantly surprised that the very few moments he was not seeking the Fire Prince presence, the roles reversed and it was him who stare his way. The only real difference between the two was when he catch Wei staring at him, he gave the Fire Prince a wink which set his face on fire and avoid him for hours.

Thinking about that, make Zhao smile, which in turn attract the other Prince attention back to him. Shen Wei glance at him, but as usual, he blushed just remembering Zhao Yunlan had basically confess to him half an hour ago and been as shy as he was, he looked down to his served food.

"Don't worry, Lord Yunlan, you will have what you desire most at the end." Lord Tao said, smiling. He was sat between Zhao and Shen Wei in the long table and although Shen was pretending not to hear, he could not help but blush even more. Apparently, Lord Tao was also a great teaser, so he was hopeless between the two masters.

"I honestly hope so, Lord Shi. He is the light of my eyes and the owner of my heart." At that, Shen Wei almost choke with his food. He begin coughing, as Zhao pass him a glass of water and the old Oracle laughed.

"Come one, Lord Wei, don't kill yourself before I can have the honor of your first kiss." Then Shen almost choke with his water, but this time not only Lord Shi laughed more, but also the one sat at Yunlan's side laughed as well.

"Not you too, Lord Qing." Shen Wei protested.

"You know, it's quite refreshing to see that the Fire Prince is this shy, while the Water Prince is this shameless. It's like your elements are reversed. Lord Wei should had been a Water Prince, while the teaser the Fire one." Da Qing said, as he munched some fish.

"I agree..." Zhu Hong said by Shen Wei's side. Shen sighed. "He is cute, so I can see why he interest you so much." Zhu continue.

"Is this really the time to be talking nonsense? We are about to embark in a quest that could end our lives and that of our Clans." Shen Wei protested.

"And that's why we need a distraction, Lord Wei... don't mind Lord Yunlan too much, he may tease a lot, but he will give his life for you, of that I'm sure." Da Qing said and Shen Wei looked at Yunlan, as Zhu Hong assented by his side.

"I would too..." Zhao arched an eyebrow, quite pleased to hear that from his Prince. "I mean, I will risk my life for all of you..." He hastily changed the implication, as Zhao was smiling in that mischievous way.