Chapter 4

Reader I'm going to have to stop the story and go back a little ways because you will soon be meeting the second important character in our story. It all starts seventeen years ago, before King Hector married Minerva he had wife before her named Dianne. She was beautiful and gentle and beloved by all who knew her but no one in all of Fiore loved her more than her husband. King Hector gave her anything she wished or desired, his soul purpose in life was to see her smile always. Queen Dianne loved her husband as much as he loved her and though she did appreciate the wonderful and expensive gifts he gave her there was only one thing she wanted from him. A child to love and care for.

One day Fiore was having the most unusual weather. It was both raining and snowing at the same time. While most people in Fiore weren't too fond of snow and rain, Dianne enjoyed watching it. She found rain and snow to be very beautiful. As she was sitting by her window doing her needlework watching the snow and rain fall she noticed that in the midst of it all a pink rose was growing in the castle gardens. No one knew how but the rose did not die in that weather, it merely continued to grow. Dianne then said to herself.

"If only I could have a child as blue and deep as the rain, as pink and blush as that rose, and as white and fair as the snow."

Sometime later Queen Dianne gave birth to a baby girl. She had hair and eyes as blue and deep as rain, cheeks as pink and blush as spring roses, and skin as white and fair as snow. They called her Juvia because she was a child born of rain. Sadly however the pain and exhaustion of it all had been too much for the good queen and it wouldn't be long before she would have to say goodbye to her husband and kingdom. King Hector walked into the bed chamber to see his wife laying in bed, barely alive.

"My love." She said weakly.

"Rest my fairest queen." Hector told her while gently grasping her hand.

"Our little one?"

"She's perfect. She's the most beautiful child that's ever been born."

"Forgive me my dearest husband but I must leave you."

"No."

"Juvia...She will need a mother. You must remarry."

"No...No Dianne! I could never do that."

"You must."

"How can I when you are my one and only love?"

"Hector please for our daughter's sake."

Hector looked into the dying eyes of the love of his life. He couldn't imagine being married to any woman but her. The mere thought seemed impossible but her eyes pleaded with him to do so, so the poor man nodded in agreement.

"Bring her to me." Dianne said turning to the nurse. She nodded and walked to the cradle, picking up the bundle inside. Then with great care she placed the bundle in the queen's arms. She pulled some of the blanket back and smiled weakly when she saw the tiny baby girl with blue hair and eyes, rosy pink cheeks, and snow white skin. "You're so beautiful Juvia. So beautiful that I can't imagine anyone not loving you the minute they see you. I don't know if you'll ever remember these words my little princess but I love you more than you will ever know and as long as you hold love and goodness in your heart I shall always be with you."

With the last of her strength Queen Dianne placed a kiss upon her newborn daughter's tiny head then her arm went limp and eyes fluttered closed as her heart stopped and she breathed her final breath. Hector broke down and clutched his wife's body while sobbing bitterly. The entire kingdom of Fiore was heartbroken by their beloved queen's death but no more so than the king. It was not long before the kingdom's grief turned to joy when they saw how beautiful the little princess was. Juvia was a sweet child who loved her father very much and he loved her. Just as he had done with his wife, he gave the girl whatever she wished and desired though also like her mother before her Juvia never asked for much. Her father's love was enough.