Chapter 55

As Lucy was being dragged away by her aunt she was horrified to watch as Levy and the other fairies tried help her only to be thrown aside by Minerva who then trapped them in a barrier. If they dared try to escape then the barrier who burn them and she couldn't bear to watch them scream and cry out in pain as they felt the burning sensation. Gajeel and Romeo had been knocked out cold and Natsu, Gray, and Juvia had been seperated from the group. She wasn't sure what had happened to Erza and the wolves but they were no where to be seen.

Lucy was then thrown across the ground and crashed into a tree. It caused a gash to appear on her side. She stood up and used the tree for support.

"I just don't understand why you refuse to die." Minerva said in her inhumane voice. "Every time you take a breath it's like a knife through my heart."

"You have no heart!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Oh I'm afraid it's not that simple. But in a sense I suppose you are right. I had a heart once but it was destroyed, it was destroyed the very instant I saw you."

"Why? Why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do to you?"

"You took everything I ever wanted Layla! It's because of you that our father never loved me! And Father's love wasn't enough for you! You just had to steal my fiance's love too! You were always so nice to me Layla but I know deep down that you never truly loved me!"

"My name is Lucy! And I have done nothing to earn your hatred of me! And I don't think my mother did anything to earn it either!"

"I hate you! I hate you so much Layla! I'll see you dead yet! Curse you and your pretty little face!"

Minerva struck Lucy and once again threw her across the ground. She suffered one beating after another, she felt as if her bones were breaking and cracking. She wasn't just going to kill Lucy, she was going to make her suffer first by subjecting her to physical torture. Poor Lucy didn't what to do. She was on her own here but then again she was used to it. Still she couldn't give up. If she did then the kingdom, her friends, Natsu, it was all over for them.

She saw something sparkling in the distance. It was a mirror. The mirror, the source of Minerva's power. She had to get to it. She had to destroy it. Gathering up her strength she stood up and limped toward it.

"Oh no you don't!"

Minerva yanked Lucy by the hair and pulled her over to the mirror. After giving her another twisted grin she started to run her talon like nails down Lucy's cheek, tearing through her skin and drawing blood, leaving a nasty scratch there. Lucy screamed.

"There that's better." Minerva said feeling very pleased.

"Let go of me! Stop!" Lucy pleaded.

"You are nothing Layla! You hear me?! Nothing! You think just because you were born pretty you get to have everything! You don't deserve it! You should have stayed dead! You should have let that fire I sent  kill you!"

"The fire you sent? You...You started that fire? You killed my parents?"

Lucy felt her entire body throb in pain from her aunt's attacks. This woman was torturing her physically and emotionally. This evil woman was responsible for the deaths of her mother and father and now she was going to kill her. This was the end. The end of her, the end of all.