Chapter 39

Lucy smiled as she watched Gray and Juvia finish their song and noticed the love blooming between the two. When Juvia went to get a drink to calm her flustered emotions Lucy approached her with a teasing smile.

"So when did it happen?" She asked.

"When did what happen?" Juvia replied.

"When did you fall for hunter boy over there?"

"Whaaaaaat?" Juvia said trying everything she could not to blush. "Don't be silly Lucy I haven't fallen for Gray. We've only known each other for a few weeks and he's not my type and...And...And...Is it that obvious?"

"A blind man could see it. So what do you like about him? I mean anyone can clearly see that he's handsome but what else?"

"Hold on you're not going after him are you? Are we going to change from friends to love rivals?"

"No Juvia you know that I'm not interested in finding true love I'm just curious that's all. So tell me what is he like?"

"He's strong and he's kind and he's gentle. I wouldn't exactly call him a gentleman and when you first meet him he appears to be very cold and hard but once you get to know him you realize that he has a warm and soft side."

"Sounds like you've got it bad."

"Well what about you?"

"What about me?"

"You know you and Prince Natsu."

"What are you talking about? There's nothing between us."

"That's not what Levy told me. She told me about how you two danced at the ball."

"Yes and that's all we did. Dance."

"Why don't you tell him that you're the girl he met at the ball? You know he's in love with you right?

"He's in love with a fantasy girl that doesn't exist. If he were to know the truth he would lose all interest in me."

"Well how do you know that?"

"Because he's a prince and princes don't marry scullery maids. Speaking of which where he is?"

"Pigging out at the buffet table."

"Ugh...You know it's when he does things like that which makes me wonder if he really is a prince."

The two women giggled at her comment then Juvia went to join the village children in a dance. At the buffet table Natsu was scarfing down as much food as possible. He may have been a prince but he had the table manners and the appetite of a pig. He had just finished eating a whole mutton when he finally noticed Lucy.

She looked absolutely stunning in her gown of sunshine gold. At first he thought that it was his mystery girl but he recognized her as Lucy and thought that the resemblance between her and the girl he had danced with was just a coincidence. Just then he saw her start to dance. She danced in the exact same manner as the woman from the ball and the golden dress highlighted her beauty and grace perfectly. She looked like a princess and all who saw her we're amazed and beguiled by her but not nearly as much as Natsu was. Same golden dress, same blonde hair that shines like the sun, same graceful dance movement, same pretty doe brown eyes. It started to come together but there was only one way he could make absolutely sure that his suspicions were correct.