Chapter 13

Now reader we shall return to where we left off last time. Juvia's stepmother had tried to have her killed but her servant Rogue couldn't find it in his heart to perform such an evil act so he let her live but she was forced to flee into the woods, running for what seemed to be an endless amount of time and when she finally reached some sort of shelter she passed out. She was found by three dwarves although they weren't exactly your typical dwarves. For one thing two of them were a lot taller and bigger and the third was just a child. Their names were Gajeel, Elfman, and Romeo. They were miners who originally mined jewels and gold for King Hector but after he disappeared Queen Minerva had them exiled because they were suspicious of her using witchcraft. Ever since then they had been living in the forest.

Gajeel was the leader. A tough and rather mean dwarf who had a nasty temper but deep down he had a heart of pure gold and a soft spot that he tried his best to keep hidden. Elfman was the strongest of them and often tried to be the most manly but if you want the truth he was actually the most sensitive out all three of them. Finally there was Romeo the youngest of them and probably the only sane man in the group. He was the one who found Juvia that night.

"Gajeel! Elfman! Come quick!" Romeo called when he saw her.

"What is it now Romeo?" Gajeel asked as he and Elfman responded to his call.

"My what a pretty young lady." Elfman said.

"Where the hell did she come from?" Gajeel asked.

"She just knocked on the door and passed out. Do you think she's dead?" Romeo asked.

"She's still breathing you idiot!"

"Look at her dress it's all torn up and she's got scratches on her legs. We should bring her inside."

"No way. Leave her out here."

"A real man wouldn't leave a lady in distress." Elfman protested.

"We don't know who this girl is. She could be a thief or a killer or a witch."

"Does she look like a witch to you?" Romeo said.

"She looks like an angel to me." Elfman said.

"You don't have to look like a witch to be one you know." Gajeel said.

"Come on Gajeel have a heart. We can't just leave her out here she'll freeze to death." Romeo said.

"Or the wolves will get her." Elfman added.

"No! I'm in charge here and I say that we forget we ever saw this girl and go to bed."

"You're such a jerk!" Romeo said going back inside.

"And you're not a real man either." Elfman said following after him.

Gajeel just gave Elfman a growl and went to close the door but stopped when he saw Juvia's body start to move. She was crying. Crying in her sleep while her entire body was shivering from the cold. Gajeel felt guilt tug at his iron heart when he watched the sleeping girl weep and shiver. After a few Huff's of hesitation he picked her up, carried her inside, and tucked her into his bed much to Romeo and Elfman's shock.

"Say one word and you'll both need an iron lung." He told them before going to sleep on the floor.

In the morning Rogue had returned to the castle to find Minerva waiting for him in her chambers.