Chapter 54

Lucy and her friends searched the entire area for the mirror but they couldn't seem to locate.

"Where could it be?" Lucy said.

"We've been looking everywhere and there's no sign of that damn looking glass anywhere." Gajeel said.

"Well we can't give up." Juvia said. "We have to keep searching."

"She's right I don't know how long Erza can keep that...Thing busy." Natsu said.

"Not long enough!"

They all jumped back when they heard Minerva's wretched voice. Pure hatred was in her eyes and blood was dripping from her finger nails. She shifted her gaze over to Lucy.

"Come to Auntie Minerva." She said with a twisted, sickening grin that was plastered all over her face. Then as fast as a serpent she slithered across the ground, snatched Lucy by her shoulder, and dragged her away.

"Lucy!" Levy screamed.

"Bring her back you witch!" Natsu demanded.

They started to go after her when they heard the sound of fingers snapping and out of the nowhere the chimera appeared.

"Oh no not this thing again!" Gray cried.

"Out of the way ugly!" Gajeel said cracking his knuckles.

The chimera roared in his face and with one swing it sent him flying into a tree.

"Gajeel!" Levy and Juvia screamed.

It started to go after Natsu. He was a very fast runner but that beast was faster. It managed to trip him up with his tail but before it could strike Gray swung his axe at it, though due size differences it only gave him a cut but it was enough to get his attention.

"Hey! Over here!" He called waving his arms up.

The chimera snarled and darted after Gray as fast as lighting. Before running off he shouted:

"Natsu you get Lucy! The rest of you search for that mirror! I'll handle this guy!"

The chimera chased Gray through the forest. Eventually the creature had him corned at the edge of a cliff. Gray pulled his axe from his belt and started to swing it. He managed to hit it plenty of times but the worst it did was give a few scratches. Claws and fangs clashed with the axe blade and in the midst of it the chimera managed to knock the axe down the cliff. Gray then went for his hunting knife but the beast hit him with his tail, throwing him back and causing him to drop his knife.

Gray clutched his side in pain but still found the strength to stand up and run. Unfortunately he tripped on a stone and got his foot caught in some thorns. He desperately tried to free his foot from them but there wasn't enough time.

"Oh crap!" He said as the chimera closed in on him.

"Leave him alone!" A voice demanded.

Gray and the chimera then turned there gaze over to Juvia who stood with his knife in her hand.

"If you hurt him I swear I'll stab you!" She swore pointing the knife.