Chapter 36

It was in the middle of the night when Levy finally made it to where her friend Wendy lived. With her wings slowly but surely becoming frozen, her only chance to thaw them out without breaking them was to reach a warm climate. Wendy's house and garden that was magically protected from the cold by a warm barrier and atmosphere which would be able to save her wings. When she arrived she passed out but Wendy hadn't gotten up to get some water so she saw her. Wendy quickly levitated Levy into her house and wrapped her up in a warm blanket. It was rather early when Levy came to and her wings couldn't move much but they were thawing out.

"Are you alright Levy?" She asked her when she awoke.

"Yeah just cold."

"I can't believe it's really you. I haven't seen you in years. Where have you been?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell you later."

"What were you doing in that awful storm?"

"I was with a group of friends searching for the princess of Fiore when we got caught in the storm. I managed to get them to a safe and warm cottage but my wings had become frozen so I came here where they could thaw out properly."

"Well you got here just in time. A few seconds later and your wings would have broken off. Why are you looking for the princess of Fiore?"

"Because she's now a prime target of Queen Minerva and if she successfully kills her then Fiore and heaven knows how many other kingdoms will be destroyed."

"How so?"

"The queen has been corrupted by the evil spirit that resides inside the mirror."

"Oh no. But I thought that mirror was lost forever."

"We all did but somehow Minerva managed to get her hands on it and now we must shatter the mirror with the weapon that can destroy it while also doing everything we can to keep the princess safe. If only we knew where she was."

"Good morning Wendy, did you sleep well?" Juvia asked walking into the kitchen.

"What was all the racket you were making last night?" Gray asked following her. "It kept me up."

"Sorry I was helping a friend who was hurt." Wendy said.

Levy looked at Juvia carefully and took notice of her features. Hair blue as rain, cheeks blush as the rose, and skin white as snow.

"Levy is everything alright?" Wendy asked her friend when she noticed her paying close attention to Juvia.

"Excuse me." Levy said to the blue haired and fair skinned maiden. "But what is your name?"

"It's Juvia."

"Are you the princess of Fiore?"

"Well...Yes I am...Or I used to be."

"Juvia you never told me that." Wendy said.

"I guess it slipped my mind."

"Thank goodness I found you." Levy said. "Listen to me you are in grave danger."

"I know. My stepmother the queen wants to kill me but I've got nothing to worry about, she thinks I'm dead."