:: Jealousy ::

The members sat round two tables by the far wall of the restaurant, a gap between both tables allowing some of the members to slide into the red-cushioned seats. Because of there being thirteen members they couldn't all fit around one table, but thankfully two large tables beside one another were free. Six of them sat at one table, whilst seven sat around the other - Chan being sat at the head of the table so he could see everyone else.

   They all laughed with one another discussing the latest comeback before turning the topic around to Chan, bringing up old memories of what he was like before they debuted. Even though Chan was now a man, the group never failed to remind him that he'd always be their maknae, their baby.

   Soonyoung was currently sat on the six seat table at the far end, one of the furthest away from Chan. Seungkwan was sat next to Soonyoung whilst Jun was sat on the other side of Seungkwan.
   Opposite the three of them sat Mingyu, Wonwoo and Jihoon in that order.

   Mingyu had slid into the booth seat first when they'd all entered and before Soonyoung could join him - Wonwoo beat him to it and took the seat right beside Mingyu. At first Soonyoung had felt a little thrown off, not wanting his disappointment at not being able to sit next to Mingyu to be obvious, then the feeling of unease and jealousy returned when Soonyoung focused on exactly who had chosen to sit beside Mingyu.

   With a slight pout, Soonyoung observed the pair in front of him. The whole "meanie" thing still bothered him and how ironic was it for Wonwoo to be the one to sit beside Mingyu tonight? Soonyoung was looking down at his plate and prodding his food with the end of one chopstick, not entirely focusing on the conversations around him, whilst he rested his cheek in the palm of his free hand.

   Jun and Jihoon were joining in with a conversation from members on the other table, whilst Mingyu and Wonwoo seemed to be laughing about something in their own little world. Risking a cheeky look, Soonyoung glanced up from his food-prodding and focused his brown eyes towards Wonwoo; seeing the familiar nose scrunch of Wonwoo's laughter. He looked so happy and apparently so did Mingyu. Muttering under his breath, Soonyoung glanced back down at his food - where had his appetite gone?

   Wonwoo and Soonyoung were best friends and had been for a very long time, so Soonyoung did feel a little guilty for feeling so jealous especially when Wonwoo was completely oblivious to Soonyoung's inner turmoil. However it wasn't easy to completely ignore or remove jealousy once it starts.

   Soonyoung was briefly startled as he felt a hand on his back and then felt the surface of a thumb brush against the area between his shoulder-blades in a comforting motion. Soonyoung turned his head to the right whilst still keeping his cheek against his hand as he looked at Seungkwan who was looking intently back at him.

   "Are you alright, hyung? You've barely touched your food." Seungkwan noted in a rather quiet voice so as not to alert everyone else round the table.
   Soonyoung forced a toothy grin and nodded his head, "Oh I'm fine, just full up that's all."

   "How can you be full, we all missed lunch today?" Seungkwan was raising a questioning eyebrow and Soonyoung knew that Seungkwan had realised he was lying. Without paying attention to what he was doing, Soonyoung found himself glancing back at Mingyu and Wonwoo and scowling slightly before bringing his attention back to Seungkwan.

   Seungkwan had noticed the look on Soonyoung's face and the direction of his gaze if his confused expression was anything to go by. As Soonyoung watched Seungkwan also look towards the two opposite them, Soonyoung internally cursed himself.

   Seungkwan stayed quiet for a few seconds before leaning in closer and whispering, "Is it something to do with Wonwoo-hyung?"

   Soonyoung gulped and stayed silent, averting his gaze with embarrassment at being caught out. What should he say? How can he respond to that question without just making matters more confusing? Soonyoung was trying to process what he should say when he felt Seungkwan smack his shoulder, knocking his cheek out of his hand causing Soonyoung to have to quickly drop his chopsticks and hold onto the table to steady himself.