:: Objection ::

Silence...

   Nothing but silence enveloped the room in which all thirteen members of SEVENTEEN sat in. An obvious cloud of tension and awkwardness was hanging over head as the group of males sat in the various chairs dotted around the living room of their dorm. All but two of them who remained stood upright; two of them who had their hands interlaced whilst their palms grew clammy from the pressure of the stares they were receiving and the atmosphere around them.
   When had silence felt so deafening?

   No one quite knew what to say after Mingyu had finished his speech regarding his relationship with Soonyoung. The varying expressions of their fellow members were doing nothing to ease the inner turmoil which both Mingyu and Soonyoung were currently feeling. But who could blame the members? Finding out two of their own were now in a loving and intimate relationship with each other and had been for a little while now; not to mention some fans had pieced together evidence of their relationship which was beginning to trend under their names - it wouldn't be long until news sources discovered this as well.

   Minghao, Wonwoo and Hansol all looked sympathetic, a knowing gleam to their eyes as half-smiles that intended to look reassuring shaped their lips. Seungkwan, Chan and Seokmin were all wide eyed, lips parted in surprise as their gazes shifted between the faces of Mingyu and Soonyoung before falling to their joined hands. Joshua and Jun seemed to be focusing on all members other than Soonyoung and Mingyu, as if trying to work out what would happen next.
   Would their be yelling? An argument so crippling it could ruin everything SEVENTEEN had worked for up to this point in time? Their expressions were anxious, although their reaction hadn't been entirely negative.

   Then there were Jeonghan, Jihoon and Seungcheol...
   Jeonghan's expression could only be interpreted as sadness as his gaze hung low, his shoulders slumped, whilst the man to his side, Seungcheol, had his features set into a stern glare. His elbows rested upon the table, hands clasped together resting underneath his nose, whilst his dark brown eyes practically drilled holes right into Mingyu's face; alternating every once in a while to Soonyoung. His posture was rigid, looking like he was holding back a rush of anger with a thin strand of control. A very thin strand.

   Jihoon on the other hand didn't seem to give anything away with his expression and posture. In fact he seemed like the most relaxed man in the room, eyes not even looking up from his fingers which were busy peeling a label off of a water bottle. His bemused expression was the same as always; it was almost like he hadn't even heard what Mingyu had confessed, although Soonyoung at least knew otherwise. He knew Jihoon well enough to understand that his fingers only ever picked at labels or objects in such a way if he was nervous or unsure.
   Jihoon didn't like much change, he didn't like things that threatened his every day routine and normality. Something like a relationship between members that was threatening exposure by the media? That's a very big change.

   A soft gulp sounded from Soonyoung's throat as his trembling hand continued to clutch onto Mingyu's hand, begging for silent reassurance that they'd made the right decision. As if able to read his mind, Soonyoung felt Mingyu's hand give his own a squeeze, assuring the older male that Mingyu would never leave his side.
   Seconds turned to minutes, minutes felt like they turned into hours - although the soft ticking of the clock on the far wall was evidence that only five minutes or so had passed since Mingyu's confession. The sound of the clock ticking felt like it was stripping away all of Soonyoung's resolve with every passing second. He'd never felt so exposed, so vulnerable and so uncertain of himself and his decisions until that very moment.

   Soonyoung felt like his throat was restricting as goosebumps raised upon his arms at such scrutiny. He was desperate for someone to break the silence... Like a storm needs lightning to break humidity, this current atmosphere needed someones voice to break the tension.
   Anyone, it doesn't matter who, just someone please say something... Soonyoung inwardly pleaded.