Distaste

~Chapter three~

Nicole's POV

Nina and Bianca were sweet to me, I never thought I would be so comfortable in my life. Nina took me to the room that was supposed to be mine now. I feel so awkward, I don't want to stay in his house without having an agreement on something, I can't have him making me feel like he did me a favor... He looks like he's going to use that on me, being my boss and all... I have to talk to him about this.

"Hey, so do you like your room?" Nina asked.

"Yeah it nice" I managed to say, as I could feel a slight pain in my throat.

"Uhm... Nicole " Bianca called out to me, I didn't tell her what really happened to me since Bryan said it was an accident,he probably just doesn't want her to know yet.

"Yes mam"

"Mam? Darling you can call me by my name, this kids just tease me when they call me mama" she said pulling Nina's ear whilst Nina let out a small groan."I just wanted to tell you I will dry your cloths for you okay?"

If I wanted to be polite I would tell her I would do it myself but I know too well that I can't even walk without help. "Okay. Thanks ma... Bianca"

"You are welcome darling" she said and left the room.

Nina helped me to the bed as she told me "so are you his  girlfriend?" I turned my face to the beautiful girl talking to me. She had a huge grin on her face. Well I wish.

"No! why would you ask me that?"

"Well first of all he doesn't just bring anyone home and second of all, if it was someone that was hurt like you he would take them to the hospital and soooo..."

"Nina I think your brother is only being nice and I'm only his personal assistant and nothing more."

"Oh okay but I would like you for him anyway" I stared at her as she winked and stood up"good night Nicky" she blushed and left.

The room was really big and the king size bed was so soft I couldn't feel any pain as I turned on it. As much as I might love this place, I have to go and I will have to speak to Bryan. Once I get my first month salary I will leave and then_ oh God I just realized how free I am now, I am an independent woman now I can get the dresses I want, my office wear would be perfect. Oh I can't wait for one month to be over.

All my life I have been wearing rags. Some are the cloths my stepmom already worn to the extent that the color faded. Some are my step sisters stupid cloths which her mum bought for her that were not stylish. It's not like I am not stylish but I just don't have the money to be stylish. Most of my neighbours that were men would take a glance at me and look away immediately but why would I care it's what I have and I'm wearing it. Don't judge me... Don't even say there are possibilities I could have been working secretly... You're not in my shoes, I can't even  leave the house without being followed by my stepsister or my stepmom and the case is to be the chaperone to the mall.

The only friend I have in the neighbourhood is Larry. He's a nerd that lives with his grandma. She doesn't want us to be friends 'cause she thinks I'm bad luck. She still leaves in the old world, believing in superstition. If not for her maybe I would be in his house now.

I heard my iPhone 5 ring, which was also a used phone given to me by my sister. Yeah I use a lot of used things.  

Speaking of which "hey Larry, how are you?" I said feeling warm after bianca turned on the heater. Larry found me on Facebook and there, he got my number.